Condensation and steam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxonbrew

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently brewed my first AG batch of beer. One thing I hadn't counted on was the amount of condensation produced during the 60 minute boil - I now know why all those guys in the youtube videos are brewing outside!

By the end of the boil I had brown stuff running down the kitchen walls. Her indoors wasn't impressed when she got home from a very hard day (lunch and then shopping), she didn't like the smell but she really wasn't happy with the water running down the kitchen walls. She also complained about the washing that was drying in the kitchen and was left smelling like a brewery (I quite liked it and wonder whether the laundry market has room for a beer scented conditioner or something like that?) Anyhow...

I live in a flat (I believe that's an apartment in the US) and so boiling outside isn't an option. Could anyone suggest a cheap way to deal with the moisture?

Cheers!

I think like many here SWMBO kicked us out of the kitchen for these reasons, among others.

When I was allowed to brew inside, I had to have windows open and fans on.

I do 7 gallon boils inside. I've had some condensation on window panes, but never brown stuff running down the walls. That sounds pretty nasty, if your walls are that dirty it doesn't sound like a place I'd want to brew... Remember, the condensation is just water. Any other gunk is coming from the surface it condenses on.

Back