competition for ugliest immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
this is mine i got the inner coil out of a horse stall back in 1996, scrubbed it up with sos pads, still using it to this day.....i got the outer coil from the hardware store like a normal person, hoping a quicker chill would give me better cold break and clear beer...didn't work. but oh well...

1632257022648.png

is everyone else's pretty? now i'm think buying some bailing wire and wiring it up....Thanks again! :mug:

this is mine i got the inner coil out of a horse stall back in 1996, scrubbed it up with sos pads, still using it to this day.....i got the outer coil from the hardware store like a normal person, hoping a quicker chill would give me better cold break and clear beer...didn't work. but oh well...

View attachment 743155

is everyone else's pretty? now i'm think buying some bailing wire and wiring it up....Thanks again! :mug:

Didn't know horse stalls had copper coils. I learn something new every day. ;)

I don't think you're going to find anyone who could top that. That is one fugly chiller, but if it works, who cares? Don't wire it up. Leave it in its original splendor.

Leave it in its original splendor.

it being flexible does help it fit under the kitchen vent hood.....both putting it in, and taking it out.....

and normally horse stalls don't have copper tubing, but i was 18, had a job cleaning one out, right after i learned i could make my own beer...it under the bedding...and i was like, HEY CAN I HAVE THAT?....so to my 18 year old brain, it was a free IC!

it being flexible does help it fit under the kitchen vent hood.....both putting it in, and taking it out.....

and normally horse stalls don't have copper tubing, but i was 18, had a job cleaning one out, right after i learned i could make my own beer...it under the bedding...and i was like, HEY CAN I HAVE THAT?....so to my 18 year old brain, it was a free IC!

LOL at the idea of an immersion chiller to be used on horses 🤮

I made a "parallel pipe" counterflow chiller, because I wanted to be able to get inside to check and clean it.

LOL at the idea of an immersion chiller to be used on horses

why? normally they just cool them down with a wet blanket? it'd be an upgrade from an ice bath.....?

edit: hell, if it had a camera, you could check the horse for cancer while you're at it! ;) lol

View attachment 743155

012ABBA4-3AF2-4FFB-B894-92A55D37ED11.gif

View attachment 743155

You win! Baaaahhaaaaaaaaa

Cheers
Jay

View attachment 743155

This gets my vote! Can’t imagine that being one-upped, especially with the story behind it…😁 How about making a Horse Stall Stout with it….?? 🐎 💩 🤣

Cheers 🍻

This gets my vote! Can’t imagine that being one-upped, especially with the story behind it…😁 How about making a Horse Stall Stout with it….?? 🐎 💩 🤣

Cheers 🍻

i was 18 i think in '96.....and still cooling a turkey fryer pot in the sink....i really didn't give a f if the tubing came out of a horse stall....and i was still just using a paint bag and 5 gallon bucket to 'sparge'...ahhh

Back