competetion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the competition in 3 weeks or is the deadline to be submitted in 3 weeks? If its just the deadline and the actual competition is a week or 2 later then maybe you pull it off.

Otherwise try kegging. Or even if you have a friend who kegs ask if you can borrow one of your friends kegs and once you have it carbed in a few days you can bottle from there. Thats what one of my friends does. (I'm the sucker with the keg)

You can force carbonate it and I think they have carbonators that you can buy at the homebrew shop for bottling as well.

If he can force carb in a keg then bottle off the keg, he can.

...if he can pressure ferment in a keg at 5 psi on day 1 and crank the pressure to 10 on day 2 and then to 30 on day 8 until day 19 and then cold crash and transfer on day 20 and bottle on day 21. :rockin:

brockettbrews said:
im thinking about entering in my honey amber

Go for it! The best thing about entering comps is you get back your scoresheets and can read unbiased opinions of your beer. Gives you another tool in the quest for better beer!

And if you win something, well.... That's a bonus!!

I'm going to say: no way.

Force carbing is nice and all, so you will have some carb in your beer.
But people keep forgetting that the taste of your beer evolves quite alot. After 3 weeks it nowhere near ready!

I've seen a lot of forced carbs comments on here and I think it's a big shame. They beer is going to tasted totally different 4 weeks later on. Most of the time much better

Craft breweries don't take 5 weeks to brew their beer. Their beer is out the door, and more often than not about 2 weeks after brewing. So it's very possible. I you need to pitch a very healthy batch of yeast, oxygenate and filter and force carb.

Even a simpler home brew setup, a simple hefeweizen would be ready in time

cant decide if i should use my genee cream ale clone, colt 45 clone, high gravity clone, or my old english clone. man this is a real hard one???? I know the judges probally never tasted anything like that.

brockettbrews said:
cant decide if i should use my genee cream ale clone, colt 45 clone, high gravity clone, or my old english clone. man this is a real hard one???? I know the judges probally never tasted anything like that.

Judging will be truly to style and your submittals must match criteria. Select the beers that fit that description and taste really good.

If the beer tastes good but doesn't fit style you'll get dinged quite a bit in points

The feedback you get will go a long way to make better beer but remember tastings are very subjective

Back