Commercial beers made with kveik yeasts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macaronijones

Reaction score
Have started making some beers with voss kveik, eagerly awaiting the results. Also curious to try a commercial example of a beer made with one of these strains to see what it's all about, hopefully one that highlights the yeast itself. Have had some difficulty searching online for breweries working with these, understanding it's fairly niche. Located in Austin TX. Any ideas?

Your kveik brew should be ready to drink before your even have time to go pick up some beer :)

well, fair enough. i take it they're pretty few and far between then. i found a couple but they were mostly small, very limited releases without wide distribution. most notable being mikkeller and stone.

I know of several breweries in Virginia using it(Vasen, Benchtop) but they wouldn't be available in your area. The beers they're making with it are really good

cool thanks. home is NC so may check those out at some point

Oh ok. I thought I saw Austin, TX in your profile. Both of the ones I mentioned are distributed in VA, although not throughout the entire state. I'm 90 minutes north of Richmond(where Vasen is) and their beer occasionally makes it up to me. I'm not sure how far south their distro goes. The one I had recently in cans from them with kveik yeast was Cashmere Secrets. Great NEIPA. I had a DIPA from them on draft recently also with kveik yeast that was great. The yeast definitely seems to work really well in NEIPA and really hoppy beers.

Back