Coming back to the fold, and ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCCCC

Reaction score
So, I've been out of the homebrew game for quite a while.

I have been itching to make some beer for some time now, but with a son on the Autistic spectrum and another who really demanded some attention, making beer fell to the wayside for the last year plus.

Two weeks and a couple days ago I threw a Barolo wine kit into primary, and this last Sunday I racked it to secondary for clearing.

Today I stopped by my LHBS and paid/ordered a fresh sack of two row. I should be back up and brewing in a week or two:ban:.

I think all I need to do in the interim is toss a batch of Apfelwein in a spare carboy!

My Barley Crusher will be back in action soon. I'm giddy like a middle-aged woman at a Twilight premier.

Welcome back!

Oh, and:
I'm giddy like a middle-aged woman at a Twilight premier.

twilight_moms_by_inlovewitedwardc.jpg

Following a loooong hiatus, I finally got to brew today!!!

I was supposed to be throwing this batch together yesterday, but after sleeping in, and bottling up my Barolo and the mead I started back in Xmas '07, I just didn't have it in me to stay up till after 1 AM making beer, so it waited till today.

I made an IPA, with the Weyermann Pale Ale Malt I finally picked up on Saturday, some crystal 60l, an ounce of Magnum and an ounce of Cascades. missed my target pre-boil gravity by 0.001, went over on the OG by the same amount.

I am so glad to be back to brewing!:rockin:

Finally bottled this IPA today. It spent a while in the primary. FG came in at 1.010, which was right around the 1.009 I was shooting for. Bottling was uneventful. Had to sample the 1/2 cup or so that was left in the bottling bucket, and even with the priming sugar in there it was quite hoppy and nice. I'm really looking forward to how it turns out after a few weeks of conditioning.

Back