coleman extreme on sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks big time. I am crossing over to all grain and threw together a 70 quart cooler MLT. Problem is its hard to hold the temp with that much air space. This is a good fix. Thanks :mug:

Thanks big time. I am crossing over to all grain and threw together a 70 quart cooler MLT. Problem is its hard to hold the temp with that much air space. This is a good fix. Thanks :mug:

You probably know this but. I always dump my water in about 10 degrees over my strike temp and let the cooler absorb some of the heat from the water. Once it cools to strike temp I add the grains. I never lose more than a degree over an hour with this method, even on 5 gallon batches in the 70 quart extreme.

You probably know this but. I always dump my water in about 10 degrees over my strike temp and let the cooler absorb some of the heat from the water. Once it cools to strike temp I add the grains. I never lose more than a degree over an hour with this method, even on 5 gallon batches in the 70 quart extreme.

Thanks, I will try this. I was curious what your efficiency is with the 70 quart? I picked up the 52 quart, but if you have good efficiency I will just use the new one down the road.

I am by no means particular in my brewing process. I enjoy the day, have a few beers and brew away. I don't get stressed about much when I am brewing. So my effiency ranges from 70-80. I usually hit right around 70 most of the times, without really any effort or attention to detail.

Cheers

Back