&^$% code enforcement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now these CHUDS make laws about gager sale signs! No vote on that either. You gotta get your signs from the city and the cost 30$.Oh , you get $25 back, but you gotaa put up the 30 first. And yo uonly get 3! Onme for your yard and 2 for elsewhere. The 2 have to be on private property. so you have to get someones permission. Meh! I give my permissions, I want everyonr who has a farge sale to put a sign in my yard. I should put a sign saying that. "post your garge sal esign here. Sofa NOT FOR SELL! " Gatto say 'sell" too, you know ho wpeole say that.

And what s this junk about city signs? well, they are some kind of standard sign, supposed to be asthestic you know, look good all uniform and stuff. well! How is my gagrde sale gonn astand out from th eothers with a generic sign? Peopel will see so many of the same kind of sign and just ignore them. But is you hace a big neon pink sign with bad handwritting and missspeled words on it, people will know you are having a garage sale. Marketing 101 dumb asses! Its the American way to have big ugly gagrde sale signs made of day glow poster board and beer boxes duct atped to stoled political sign stakes from the rasce for alderman. Hey, with how things are going it would be apropretae to put garage sale signs on the presidential campaing signs! You hear me! Sell some of that white hous ejunk. Nobody sits on half that furniture anyway. And all these comapnies wanting me to pay then 346278568934 trillon dolars need to sel some stuff too. You see al thos ebig screen displays TV in their lobbies? I Giv eem like $200 fo rone. I d like a big flat screen TV too but NOOOO I hav eto apy rich people who cant afford them . IO fI cant buy mine why you think i can buy yours!?1 If they dsell some of those leathe rchairs theyd hav emoney to make cars. You think sofas on peorche sis bad1112. wait till noone even has a house and we all sit on sofas in the street! Peeing in a trough os barbaric to you ? wait til im all Conan right in the street! Will your fancy city garage sale sign save you then!

And how much is this costing! $5? HA! jsu tanother way for th ecity to make money by spending money! Whewn we made our own garage sale signs, LIKE AMERICANS! it didn;t cost the city anything 1 No wthey have to have th esigns, a person to handle the signs, a person to ake the moeny, a person to oversee the moany an dwher ei sth is money gong? In a hole. A pocket shape done to i bet! Whnn tey raise proepty taxes again, on decling home values how about that crap, they wiil say its to keep the city beutiful/ See that swhat this is, a way to justify raising property taxes in a property depreciated market. A penny saved is a penny earned, they coud save 30 dollars worth of penniies by letting people do what they always did, make theirown garagre sales signs!

W ehave way more important stuff to deal with that garage sale signs. stop with the i wan tmy name on a pice of legislation junk and do something important! Fix the drainage! Fill a pot hole. mayb ethey will fill it with 5 dollar bills!

They say getting $25 back will make peole pick up their signs after a sale. I didnt know vagrant garage sale signs was a problem. If someone put a sign in my yard and didnt come back for it I woud claim it as my sign and post it in the recycle bin can caus ei recycle. After i took the stick. Those are nice sticks.

andnow ther is a garage retreat ad banner on the page! UNITE! I clicked on it. Man those are some nice garages. Id buy one of those but noone really sells their garage at these sales. I thing we all know that.

And wahts more is peole who dont park ther cars in their garage! you have a room in your house to put cars in! that is uptown my friends, me amigos you have made it! When i wa sa kid I always thought i would be a success if I had a 2 car garage. with two cars in it! hot damn! be gratefull fo rwhat you have!

Mine has a car and a motorcycle! lemme tell ya, this is the high life! sometimes i stand in my garage and just bask in it all. A garage! imagine it! DREAM!

You're starting to sober up Zul'jin, your spelling and grammar got better. You know what to do. Don't you.

I'm hoping he does a tirade about those cities and neighborhoods that have banned people from being able to have laundry lines in their back yards...In this day and age of "going" green, some uptight asshat suburbanites don't wanna see their neighbor's nice clean sheets or nickers blowing in the breeze?

My dad lived in Oakwood Ohio for awhile... there you would get a $100 fine for mowing without a shirt on! And you didn't take your trash to the curb.. they have carts they use to come up your driveway and take the trash out to the truck, so nobody has to see cans. My dad drove a bit of a rusted out clunker.. he parked it on the street one day and got a knock on the door asking him to please park it in the driveway, preferably in the back of the driveway. :) Small world ... turns out EdWort grew up there!

I think Oakwood would be hell for Zul'jin!

Can somebody translate post #124 & #125 for me? Its a little early, and my head hurts a little bit.

Zul'jin, where you at man? I wanna make sure I stay away! HOA of some sort or what? You said City, so I'm assuming its not a HOA...

I just spent the better part of an hour reading every post in this thread, and I have to tell you that I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

No offense to the OP, but I can't get the picture out of my head of a guy in denim overall's with no shirt, pickin' a guitar while his old Walker Hound sleeps near his feet, and a twelve gauge is close art hand to chase off the revenuers(or in this case, the code monkeys).

I does remind me of the couch that I had in my garage for the whole time that I lived in my last house. In the summer, my neighbors and I would open the garage door, pull the couch over to it, and watch the world go by while drinking beer. What a life.

.....just thought I'd give this thread a bump. I saw a lovely couch on a front porch last night. Looked like it was fine Pleather. I thought of the sheckster, and smiled.

...or else I'll just delete my subscription to this thread....which I just did.

Dude, there was a glitch in the system last week, we ALL had email notification issues. There's been a couple threads about fixing it, and what we have to do to reset our original settings.

Besides, don't blame the mighty troll for your problems, and this thread, if you haven't noticed until YOU bumped it up with your rant, this thread was drop dead fred (8 months and 4 days dead actually)......Blame whoever outside of here thought this thread was insane enough to have on his sigline in some conspiracy whack job forum...not us.

Go blame the track back guy Jim Bell on the forums below.

Personally, I blame Jesus. He doesn't want me to be happy because I don't think he is the son of God.

Either that or it's just the interwebz screwing with us brains. :)

But if you don't think he is the son of god how do you believe that he would have the power to screw with you? :D

Personally, I blame Jesus. He doesn't want me to be happy because I don't think he is the son of God.

Either that or it's just the interwebz screwing with us brains. :)

pissed-jesus.jpg

:D

Jesus neve rdi them nothing, he was born on a damn porch! look at ther nativitiey scene, A manger!?! NO! that is a porch! Lok at it. youll see. A roof ober some 2x4s thtas a porch! An s what was Joseph and Mary sitting on? the ground but thats irrelvent.

Jesus neve rdi them nothing, he was born on a damn porch! look at ther nativitiey scene, A manger!?! NO! that is a porch! Lok at it. youll see. A roof ober some 2x4s thtas a porch! An s what was Joseph and Mary sitting on? the ground but thats irrelvent.

I bet they were sitting on the ground because the @#$%^ code monkeys took their couch.

Whaetev. we were gonna live in a mobile home estates but the hoa due swere too high. it wa slike a few huindred dollars a year and none of that went to the toronado siren. the one we wanted did have an underground basement that you gould get to from outside even but that would be nice for a lot of things, just too spensive. And like were gonna ay dues just to live in their estates .we already pay proeerty taxes and thats d adamn sham. we pay tax for the same thing, th every same thing each and every year. I dont buy this house new each year. the govennt doent cut my grass or clean my gutters and they ddnt bolt up my wall whe nit was falling down. heck no! we dont drive our hous eon public streets. it stays right her. what are we paying for? cause they have more people with gun than me thats the opnly reason. I cant shhot all these at once and if you kill one its like potato chips, you just cant stop at one. you knwo what forget this i let spider money bitiey cat finidsh.

m,/.uyhhhh;./////////////////////////////////dxxxxxxxe dmdmdmdmv cccccasasasasasasasasasasasasasasas4g6w53btcr3429 a;eeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssc

yeah! and now unkonw calle ris callin gme. DO I EVER ANSWER THE PHONE YOPU PICE OF ****1 GET A CLUE AND STOP CALLING ME1 I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE ON FIRE1 IM NOT ANSWERING1 GIVE IT UP ALEREADY. heres the caty6t/

Code enforcement is why we live at leat 25 miles from the closest incorporated area (otherwise known as town or city)...While a few folks out here abuse the lack of code enforcement, it also allows me to do A LOT of things that would normally be an issue in town.

yeah! and now unkonw calle ris callin gme. DO I EVER ANSWER THE PHONE YOPU PICE OF ****1 GET A CLUE AND STOP CALLING ME1 I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE ON FIRE1 IM NOT ANSWERING1 GIVE IT UP ALEREADY. heres the caty6t/

From your description, it sounds like the RIS that was calling was Old Rasputin.

This thread is epic. It started with a couch and went on to include divine acts, fire arms, garage sale signs, trailer parks, spider money bitiey cats, and a pissed off Jesus. And that's not even all of it. I am truly in awe of the Might that is Zul'Jin.

For the Horde!

P.S. I'm definitely seeing a made for cable movie opportunity here . . .

Back