CO2 wand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
I'd like to put together a CO2 wand that I can connect into a gas ball lock disconnect. I'm conning up short on plumbing ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

maybe an explanation of what you're trying to accomplish?

I want to be able to access the co2 through a ball lock disconnect that i can just unplug from a keg. I Neff plumbing to go from ball lock disconnect to bare tube to purge other containers.

I remember someone having a double sided gas post piece but they haven't carried any in forever. With that i could go disconnect to this adapter to another disconnect to tubing.

I've made a few weird but useful plumbing thingies using keg posts with post adapters.
You could plumb the CO2 wand to a keg post you could plug into the removed gas disconnect when desired.

For this solution I'd start here, pick out a gas post and the mating post-to-1/4" FFL adapter (the right match is all about the post threads).
Then go here for a SS 1/4" MFL - 1/4" barb fitting.
And don't forget the 1/4" flare washer.

Run your gas tubing from the barb to the wand and you're good to go...

Cheers!

If I understand your question correctly, then one of these carbonation caps will work...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...lgo_pvid=04952ac9-9b02-40c4-98be-32a63b06022f

Ball lock on one side, barb on the other which you can connect to your tubing. I use these for various purposes, very handy things to have around. The ball lock takes either gas or liquid too.

That's the simplest solution...thanks!!! Thanks all for the input. I'm glad I asked. This is something I've been contemplating for a long time but never asked for help for.

If I understand your question correctly, then one of these carbonation caps will work...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...lgo_pvid=04952ac9-9b02-40c4-98be-32a63b06022f

Ball lock on one side, barb on the other which you can connect to your tubing. I use these for various purposes, very handy things to have around. The ball lock takes either gas or liquid too.

Now I am glad I pitched in on this thread as I've been wanting another carb cap. The one I had planned on buying was twice the price and didn't have that great barb fitting!

Back