CO2 is mean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
That is all... I am mad at CO2 today because it stinks, kills people in large concentrations, carbonates my beer (but also makes my bottles go boom), acts as 'plant food' (**** them plants - they need to get in mah bellah) and did I mention it STINKS WHEN I OPEN MY FERMENTER?

Oh yeah, I think that this may be the #1 cause for premature 'Is my beer ruined or just plain ****ty' woes that n00bs and lazy brewers like myself get to encounter for the first few whiffs. After all is said and done, Im sure this batch will be downright tasty, or no so tasty once it has been transferred out of the primary into the keg for further aging. But damn if I didnt get the ******* pucker effect upon opening the fermenter 1.5 months after pitching. (And well, with every OTHER previous batch too)

What am I saying? I LOVE the smell that my closet produces when I have beer happily chuggling away and expelling its mean CO2 yeast farts but my wife HATES IT.

Wait.. Thats it... CO2 = Yeast farts.
No wonder it stinks.

If I could punch CO2 in the face right now, I would.
And noone would stop me either!

You are drunk and rambling.

The correct place for this kind of behaviour is the "Brewing Science" section.

Ironically I am sober right now and working. I tend to post in the BS forum when I am drunk and rambling as it appears that I am making much more sense from my normal run-on-sentence loving self.

Back