Co2 and bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kproudfoot

Reaction score
I have a spike 10 gallon conical that I’m going to purchase a carb stone for. Question is if I put 5g in a keg and bottle 5g will beer stay carbonated in bottles? My other option is to carbonate the keg without the stone and use sugar (or carb drops) in bottle.

I bottle from my keg, carbonation isn’t an issue. Just had an IPA I bottled about a month ago and it was fine, had a scotch for about 3 months that was also fine. Why carbonate in the conical, seems like transferring still beer would be easier.

I bottle from my keg, carbonation isn’t an issue. Just had an IPA I bottled about a month ago and it was fine, had a scotch for about 3 months that was also fine. Why carbonate in the conical, seems like transferring still beer would be easier.

Normally I would Keg two kegs from a batch. This time I want to keg one in bottles two cases.

Back