Clean faucet after pouring beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhughes

Reaction score
Just a question about what you guys do or don't do in regards to your keg faucet after pouring a beer. After a few days mine starts to get a buildup of dried beer gunk on the end of it. I usually don't do anything about it until I get to cleaning it every now and then.

Does anyone try and clean it after every pour, or once a week? Any guidelines for that?

Good question...I've been noticing and wondering the same thing.

I suppose buying a Perlick tap is a solution, as they're supposed to be immune to that.

If I understand the issue correctly, and the "gunk" is at the very end of the spout, even Perlicks won't solve that problem. But a quick swipe with a bar towel can.

fwiw, I use "caps soothers" on my Perls. When I finish a pour I swipe the faucet spout with a bar towel then stick the soother back on. Eventually I do have to remove them all and give each faucet a good wipe down with a damp towel to get rid of the little ring of goo that builds up above the soother...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back