Citra IPA recipe critique/suggestion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 1.5 weeks in bottle I opened one, it had the beginning of bottle infection.
Turned out really tasty.
Nice bitterness, great aroma.
It was not as dark as I thought, guess I did not burn the malt, but it had a reddish color (more on the brownish spectrum of red)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463694692.602780.jpg
On my LHBS advice I passed on cold crashing.
Turned out a little hazier than other batches but drinkable far out weighs appearance!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463695143.148665.jpg

I know this is late but I am also a big fan of late addition hops. I usually only use Magnum for bittering but will try warrior. IMO anything about 15 min is a waste of hops.

Looks good. Why did you say it was the beginning of a bottle infection?

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463697432.410603.jpg
Tough to see but one bottle had a ring around the peak, also a few patches in the neck.

I know this is late but I am also a big fan of late addition hops. I usually only use Magnum for bittering but will try warrior. IMO anything about 15 min is a waste of hops.

This was my first late hop addition, and I am blow away by what it offers.
I have another IPA in planning that will late addition Simcoe/Amarillo/centennial

It sounds like a great success overall! With any luck any potential infection issues are limited to the few bottles. And, you made no mention of an off taste so start enjoying them.

It sounds like a great success overall! With any luck any potential infection issues are limited to the few bottles. And, you made no mention of an off taste so start enjoying them.

Tasted great
I check all other bottles , no sing of infection

Back