Cinnanom flavour too strong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barolofan247

Reaction score
I followed a recipe on YouTube and made 2 batches of 23 liters of meed. The recipe called for adding 3 sticks of cinnamon during 1st fermentation
After racking 3 times and aging for 18 months
When I finally popped a bottle the color was gorgeous but the cinnanom over dominates.
So I have over 55 bottles of this and I was wondering 1. Will the cinnanom flavour fade? 2. What other ways can I use this meed batch
Thanks

How long was the cinnamon in the primary? Was it removed at first rack?
The flavor is there, period. Other flavors may come forward with time and make it blend better, however you might consider making a plain mead and blending the 2.

I agree with Blacksmith1. Blend is the best option, or use it to spike some Holiday/Christmas tea.

How long was the cinnamon in the primary? Was it removed at first rack?
The flavor is there, period. Other flavors may come forward with time and make it blend better, however you might consider making a plain mead and blending the 2.
The cinnanom was removed after 1st rack

I would definetly use some of that mixed with some warm apple cider during christmas. Some ciders just dont have enough cinnamon.

Latest posts

Back