Christmas Presents!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much for my brewing, so I'll need to do some shopping but a got a sweet wooden mash paddle, The Oxford companion to beer, Brewed Awakening and a Westy 6pk sampler....I can't complain!

The only beer-related thing was the Oxford companion to beer. My dad saw that at the book store and said it had my name written all over it. The thing's awesome!

Got the Blickman beer gun. I'm very excited about this. Currently, I have a two tap kegerator, but this will be great to take beer places, give away beer, and to save some to be consumed down the line. I plan on bottling at least a six pack every batch so I can see the progression age has on each beer style.

Wow, its sounds like most everyone had a great holiday and receive some equally great gifts! I got pretty stoked out myself. I got a 40qt Polarware kettle, a sweet 20 plate wort chiller, and a myriad of other brewing related paraphernalia. Not to mention the HUGE selection of craft beers my brother in-law made and gifted out. Must say it was a Merry Christmas, and I can’t wait to fire up a batch!

Only brewing related thing was Palmer's How to Brew, but did get about $300 to put towards the keezer and other goods. All-in-all, not a bad Christmas since I didn't have to work this year.

Greg

Only brewing related thing was Palmer's How to Brew, but did get about $300 to put towards the keezer and other goods. All-in-all, not a bad Christmas since I didn't have to work this year.

Greg
Of course by working I earned myself more money to put towards brewing! :rockin::mug::ban: AND got to open all my gifts at once after the wife got home from the Christmas party. Not bad, though I did miss being at the Christmas party.

i got a gift card to the LHBS, the ingredients for my next beer (Duclaw Vanilla Oat Stout), 2 kegs, a co2 tank, and a dual regulator. also got a bunch of clothes, a couple beer books, and a morebeer.com gift certificate.

I got a hop grenade shirt and this Gnome Brew shirt....lots of other nice non-brew related gifts! My B-Day is the 4th and will be getting cash and Gc for my grain mill...

gnomebrew front.jpg

gnomebrew back.jpg

500 bucks to do whatever I please with. I'm thinking pump, and maybe a new BK, and a couple kegs, or some of those pricey airtight containers so I could buy bulk grains.

I got the Rebel Brewer Grain Mill, and a 6g BB w/ bung and airlock to replace a recently broken glass carboy. With the cash I got I will be buying some totes and bulk grain and since i don't go back to work until the 3rd it is brew day for the next week!!

goin2brew said:
I got a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler and a 25 dollar gift certificate to buy the guts for the conversion to a MLT :D

That's exactly what I got. Except I already had all the fittings waiting :). Put everything together Sunday night, brewed my first all grain today!

Wife got this for me this year. I think I'll keep her!

You're going to love that kettle! I got one for my birthday earlier this year and it has been great. Excited to try it out on the new propane burner I got for Christmas.

This wasn't intended to a be a Christmas gift but it turned out to be a great one... I got a text from a buddy of mine who works for a beer/spirits distributor... He has a 5 gallon oak barrel for me that was used to age whiskey in at a local distillery... I'm pretty stoked about it! The only bummer is that I'm having hip surgery on Friday and won't be able to brew anything to age in the barrel for another month or maybe longer....

Jersh said:
This wasn't intended to a be a Christmas gift but it turned out to be a great one... I got a text from a buddy of mine who works for a beer/spirits distributor... He has a 5 gallon oak barrel for me that was used to age whiskey in at a local distillery... I'm pretty stoked about it! The only bummer is that I'm having hip surgery on Friday and won't be able to brew anything to age in the barrel for another month or maybe longer....

Put off the hip surgery and brew so you can have something aging while you rehab. Depending on the surgery you proly won't be able to brew anything for a while anyways. I am actually a rehab physical therapist and this is what I would do, depending on the surgery of course ;)

Put off the hip surgery and brew so you can have something aging while you rehab. Depending on the surgery you proly won't be able to brew anything for a while anyways. I am actually a rehab physical therapist and this is what I would do, depending on the surgery of course ;)

Eh, I would love to put it off, but we've met our family deductible this year (had a baby in September) so I want to get it in now... It's 'just' hip arthroscopy, I have a labral tear that they are repairing. I have a buddy that has been wanting to brew with me, so I'll have him do all the heavy lifting for the next brew....:mug:

It was a Merry Beery Christmas for me! :ban:

Designing Great Beers
British Real Ales
The Beer Devotional
1001 Beers Yu Must Taste Before You Die (actually 2 copies, so one will be traded in for another beer book)
"Zymurgist" long sleeve tee
Bottle tree
A set of 4 "sampler" glasses
Home brewing calendar
Gift Cert at LHBS
And a lot of "did you get anything NOT beer related" comments.
:mug:

Can't wait to do a British ale. They measure everything in grams. And a lot of the recipes call for sugar, anywhere from 1/4 lb. To 1 and 1/2 lbs!

I got a Refractometer, man am I stoked to brew with vision. Measuring SG of 170 degree is not easy or really accurate for that matter. I have brewed some border line brews recently (unbalanced) that could have been helped with some pre-boil readings

5 gallon carboy with no bung or airlock in it. its ok the 50 spending cash will cover it.
wohoo

I had a great brew-related Christmas this year! Bayou SQ-14, acrylic tap handle, 4 tasting glasses and a gift certificate to AHBS :) Also got some cash that I am planning on putting towards a Therminator. Already spent the gift cert on the inaugural brew with the SQ-14. So much faster than the stove top!

As I am planning to finally move on to all grain this will get me going in the right direction!

Merry Christmas to all!

Brewing Classic Styles
The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide
CloneBrews
Homebrew Favorites
Raspberry Wheat kit
Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier kit

and now I have to figure out what I'm going to make after I'm done with the kits. Too many recipes to choose from, but I'm considering Nutcastle from Brewing Classic Styles or the Moosedrool clone from CloneBrews. Perhaps some Magic Hat #9 too, but I'm not sure what the original tasted like (the CloneBrew book uses the 1997 version that the brewery has changed since then).

Everyone that knows me well enough knows that I spend enough of my own money on brewing, so they bought me things I actually need, and I bought them beer-related stuff!

I got some good stuff.

Beer/Brewing related:
William's Brewing O2 kit
O2 tank
Shop vac
Beer socks

Looks like some of you got a good haul.

Beer/brewing related:
- new 32qt ss pot with false bottom
- ball-lock corny
- collection of summer style beers that had been squirreled away

My xmas was pretty awesome...

My family all chipped in together and got me a March Pump. My wonderful girlfriend got me a 40 plate chiller from DudaDiesel.

Can't wait to get all this set up!

They also got me tons of hot sauce, to the tune of 15 bottles...plus a few beers. This was everything I wanted and could ever ask for lol.

We have a decent sized family, so we split the cost of a 51" Samsung Plasma for my father. I can't decide if his gift was better or mine...probably mine.

I only got a digital scale, a gc to home depot to build a brew bench, and 11 new carboys! Now I just have to fill them all.

More golf than brewing but I got a set of 8 beer mugs and a set of 8 pilsner glasses. Gift card to the LHBS.

Golf: ClicGear3.0 cart, Titlist golf bag, other smaller golf goodies.

Was a great Christmas!

Lets see if this works... And I got 2... I don't want some people to know... you guys are cool tho.. I know you can keep a secret. Tough to get in NY.

IMG_3736.jpg

Back