• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chicagoland - Immersion Chiller, Plate Chiller, or Counter Flow Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleben113

Reaction score
Looking for an immersion, plate, or counter flow chiller. Local would be ideal but I would pay for shipping if the price is right.

:tank:

What kind of fittings does it have, if any? How's the condition if it?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

How much are you looking to get for it? Would you mind posting some pictures?

How much are you looking to get for it? Would you mind posting some pictures?

The price is negotiable. If your just looking for a chiller at the cheapest price, find a used immersion unit. Their are distinct differences with each type of chiller and as a result will have an effect on it's price. So, if you want a plate chiller, I will take the time to email some pics. I don't want to sound hard; I just have wasted time with people here who where not interested in a FAIR price for both involved. They only where interested in conniving the cheapest price for themselves. I don't wast time with them anymore.

There's a guy posting an immersion chiller for $50 on craigslist in Schaumburg.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I am going to try to find a CFC or plate chiller first but thanks for the heads up

The price is negotiable. If your just looking for a chiller at the cheapest price, find a used immersion unit. Their are distinct differences with each type of chiller and as a result will have an effect on it's price. So, if you want a plate chiller, I will take the time to email some pics. I don't want to sound hard; I just have wasted time with people here who where not interested in a FAIR price for both involved. They only where interested in conniving the cheapest price for themselves. I don't wast time with them anymore.

Completely understandable. So these things are about $80 new with fittings, what seems like a fair price for yours?

QUOTE: "So these things are about $80 new with fittings" You can purchase some for that price. But, you get what you pay for. A plate chiller's performance is based on basically two things, temperature differential and contact time. The info explaining this can be found at dudadiesel.com and others. I have a 30 plate LONG (long in long contact time), which when new coast $140 + shipping ~$16. Yes, that is more then the cheap Shirron (few plates) or a Therminator (short). Why I purchased this unit is it chills 5.5 gallons of 212 degree wort to 65 degrees with 55 degree well water in 6 minutes and 24 seconds. That was done with a pump and recirculated. The lowest I would take is $75 + shipping. Personally I think a fair and honest price would be a little higher; but I would take that.

Oh I wasn't aware you had a long. Very nice. The 30 regulars by duda are about 80 on eBay. Mind posting some pictures?

And thanks wanger

I don't post pics enough to maintain a viable host. So, if you pm your email I will send them. Or google
this; B3-23A 30 Plate Beer Wort Garden Hose Chiller. The first (top) link for me is Amazon selling it for
$154.95 + 5.95 shipping. Basically selling Duda's chiller for $15 more with $10 cheaper shipping.

Duda's discription: B3-23A 30 Plate Beer Wort Garden Hose Chiller, current price: 139.95
• 12" x 2.9", with M8-1.25 Mounting Studs
• Convenient Garden Hose Fittings for Water Side
• Performance Chiller, Best Cost/gpm Ratio, Chills a 10 Gallon Batch in 5.4 Minutes

Back