Cherry Almond Paste Taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiansfan82

Reaction score
I love the taste of beers with a hind of cherry in them, and have been thinking about a few beers that have it in them. Id like to try and make a beer with cherry flavor and got to thinking what else I enjoy eating that has cherry in it that might go good with a beer. Well I am a sucker for cherry almond paste cookies. And think that pairing the could be great beer, but have really no idea where to start. I have only made two beers so far a IPA and a Bock. Both came out good, well atleast I think they did. I am guessing the base of the beer would need to be belgian, or maybe a stout? Well any idea would be great. I think I can think of a beer but not sure where to go with it thanks in advance.

hey, I checked the recipe database at the bottom of the HBT website and here is what I found:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/cherry-wheat-187195/

It's an extract recipe for a cherry wheat. It sounds so good I may have to give it a go myself. There were other cherry ale recipes listed as well. Looking through the various threads may turn up something that sounds good to your cherry craving :)

Thank you I will look at that. Well in my head I am using the taste of a vanilla porter for the more cookie taste. Last one I had reminded me of a milk shake the full not too fizzy or foamy beer, but more of a thick mouth fill if that makes sense. Maybe the word I am thinking but not correct 'dense'. The cherry part of the taste in Ommemgamg Three Philosophers Quadrupel such a great beer if you havent had it try you best to get it. I think the vanilla part of the porter would some how mix well with the cherry and take the sweetness down a notch and make the whole thing taste full. I talked to my wife last night about the beer I dream about and she said the trick to those cookies is a liqour named Amaretto. After reading on it a bit I see almond is part of the base or what have you makes sense. I dont know very well how taste is added to beer but can an eye drop of amaretto be put in at bottleing time or is that just crazy? Any help on making a yummy dream come true would be mucccch helpful thanks. I am going loopy off to bed.

Just thinking but I wonder without much knowing. If you add fruit to any vanilla porter would it be an awesome dry sweet beer that could be out of this world?

but can an eye drop of amaretto be put in at bottleing time or is that just crazy?

Hahaha! No, it's not crazy. Read some of the recipes for Pumpkin ales. There are brewers who add spices and/or vanilla to the sugar solution for the bottling bucket. I found a recipe where a drop of almond extract was adding to the bottling bucket...it may have been one of those cherry vanilla recipes. Have you considered googling Cherry vanilla porter recipes?

I've been doing some research on this beer and what other brewers are saying about cloning it. Here's what I've found in more than 1 post:

1. It is a blended ale. The blended uses cherry lambic
2. A good HB'd lambic takes several months to mature
3. A proper clone may take at least 2 years

Ok. Now I did find a post that was a partial mash recipe with an OG that made me :drunk: The poster did not list the yeast used but I've seen Wyeast 3787 mentioned in other posts about cloning this monster brew.

I am now going to the store to get a bottle of this and try it.

Curse you for putting this damn thing in my head!! ;)

Back