Cheapest shipping for bulk grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say MoreBeer because if you buy in 10lb increments it's free shipping over $59, but it depends on where you are. For me the shipping for whole sacks from Williams Brewing is just a bit cheaper.

I usually buy my bulk sacks when a vendor has a 15-20% off sale online. Really helps with the shipping costs evening out the total price.

What vendor has the cheapest shipping on bulk grains? Or should I plan a 250 mile round trip to the nearest brew store?

That trip is going to cost you about $150 on gas and wear and tear on your car, so online is going to be a no brainer.

I compare prices at Morebeer and Homebrewsupply. Good luck with both vendors.

What vendor has the cheapest shipping on bulk grains? Or should I plan a 250 mile round trip to the nearest brew store?

For me (zip code) from morebeer.

50lb sack GW 2-row shipped - $61

5 - 10lb bags GW 2-row $56, I just add something I need for the free shipping.

nahhh Tank of gas, wear and tear? I barely put on 3k miles a year now so it won't matter much... considering I am stocking up and dropping $00 on 50 pound sacks... plus some specialty grains in amounts for a few of my favorite beers. Yeast and hops ship $7.99 from NB so that I can handle. Grains keep a year when stored right.

That trip is going to cost you about $150 on gas and wear and tear on your car, so online is going to be a no brainer.

I compare prices at Morebeer and Homebrewsupply. Good luck with both vendors.

WOW... Guess my LHBS price of 53.09+ tax is a decent deal after all! I've been trying to find a better deal on 50# bags of 2 Row Pale Malt. Short of getting in on a bulk buy or something, sounds like I should look no further!

Back