Cheapest AG Vendor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad to have another satisfied customer. I will continue to be the point man for customer's phone calls and email as long as I possibly can. I enjoy talking/emailing with everyone too much to give it up easily. Although I am sure at some point we will grow to big to just have me answering questions, and making calls, but I will always be around to help no matter how big we get.

I just recieved my first order, thanks! One question, any chance of offereing ice packs for yeast? I live and Florida and I know my yeast was in the back of the FedEx truck all day.

I was just browsing the Brewmasters Warehouse site. Your prices look pretty good for mail order. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your prices beat my LHBS and it's only 5 mins from my house. I paid $1.17 /lb for 2-row on my last batch. Yours is $1.15/lb, but then I have to pay $6.99 shipping. It's a really good shipping rate, but not a savings for me. Good luck with your business anyway. I'll keep you in mind for items that my LHBS doesn't have.

I was just browsing the Brewmasters Warehouse site. Your prices look pretty good for mail order. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your prices beat my LHBS and it's only 5 mins from my house. I paid $1.17 /lb for 2-row on my last batch. Yours is $1.15/lb, but then I have to pay $6.99 shipping. It's a really good shipping rate, but not a savings for me. Good luck with your business anyway. I'll keep you in mind for items that my LHBS doesn't have.

Wow, you're fortunate to have a LHBS with prices like that.

I am glad you have a good LHBS, and I appreciate you keeping us in mind. When you do have to order something keep inmind that we do run 10% from time to time to try and save some money.

for those of us who don't have a LHBS, BMW is awesome. I ordered my grains on monday at 2. By 2:30 it was in the mail. By 10 on tuesday it was on my doorstep and by 3 yesterday it was in the fermenter.

That is about as good as i can hope since the closest LHBS is ~1.5 hours away in Memphis.

I guess it's easy to forget how good I have it. I assumed that I'd be paying more at a local store, just because that's how it always is. I've shopped around online and it's really hard to beat my local prices. I've seen places selling 50 lb sacks of 2-row for $1/lb, but then you have to pay $25 or more for shipping.

Wow it figures I would read this post 3 weeks after I move from North Atlanta. For future reference though does BMW allow walk in customers or pick up instead of dealing with shipping? Also will you crush the grain for me at the store?

Patrick

Wow it figures I would read this post 3 weeks after I move from North Atlanta. For future reference though does BMW allow walk in customers or pick up instead of dealing with shipping?

Patrick

Not as of yet, but I am working on it. Possibly have some news by the end of the month on that front.

Ed

I got my BMW order very quickly and nicely packed, and labeled. The new barley crusher chewed though my grain bill quick. I re set the gap to .035. They were quick to call me about an out of stock hop and offered substitutes. They answered some of my questions over the phone. Great service, I will be back for sure!
n1069693023_527452_3845678.jpg

Just purchased 6 kits from Northern.. I've ordered from BWW before and was happy so I'll hafta check them out next order.
I've visited several times trying to put together recipes and have left not being able to find all ingredients.
I will give them a shot again though..
+1 on the shipping... first class in terms of packaging and time.

Just purchased 6 kits from Northern.. I've ordered from BWW before and was happy so I'll hafta check them out next order.
I've visited several times trying to put together recipes and have left not being able to find all ingredients.
I will give them a shot again though..
+1 on the shipping... first class in terms of packaging and time.

That is exactly why we are completely redoing the search engine. It simply does not work properly right now. We have some updates to the site coming and a new search engine is working great (I have tested it extensively).

If you ever have a question about if we carry something please shoot me an email. I have added many things to the website due to customer requests, and I will continue to do so.

Using Firefox 3.50 I just tried brewbuilder and it was dead slow.
Just an FYI.
I know you support HBT so just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for letting me know. I do not see anything wrong with the site, so it may just be alot of traffic on the site. Seems to be working fine with IE when I just tried it out. No Firefox on this PC.

Ed, I cant find victory or biscuit malt, do you carry it? Or, can anyone recommend a suitable substitute? Thanks.

[edit:] I found Biscuit under "Roasted Malts". The search function turned up 0 results when I typed in "victory" or "biscuit".

Man oh man, BMW rocks the F*&#in house. Awesome fast shipping/packaging and they hooooook it up. I just wanted to jump in to give Ed some props.

i built my next brew today with your brew builder, but when i clicked on 5 oz of Dextrose to add to the list of ingredients, it loaded it as 1 lb in the brew builder. I changed it back to 5 oz so no big deal, just fyi

No Firefox on this PC.

You should fix that right away... I've been IE free since, well, forever. PC free for over 10 years too - Mac and Linux only here.

I never visit the site bcs I still can't order anything. Yeah, I'm bitter.

FWIW, a few other vendors sites suck balls but I still use them.

It'd be nice if you could save the recipes and view others. I'm still looking for a place that offers BCS recipes in kit form, and you could do it that way.

I just got my first order from Brewmaster's Warehouse. Even though I placed my order on the 4th of July AND I screwed it up, Ed fixed it right away. I consider myself a loyal customer.:mug:

Does Brew Master's Warehouse sell grains and extracts in bulk?

since ed hasn't been around to answer this yet, i'll give it a shot.

i don't know about extract exactly, but as far as grains go, yes and no.

If you priced Ed's grains up to a full sack size it'd be the same as the other vendors charge for 'bulk' prices. So basically you are getting close to the best price you can from a vendor.

Ed will correct me if i'm wrong, though.

Sorry guys had a meet up last night with some peeps from IHNBC.

Bulk grains - Just order 50 or 55 lbs of the grain you are looking to buy. All of teh base malts have the sack size listed on the site. The price for the grains is higher than most places, but if you check the delivered price our prices are very competitive. We still charge 6.99 to ship a sack, most other places charge actual shipping.

Bulk extracts - give me a call for a price on bulk DME. I do not mess with bulk LME.

Grain crush and packaging - We use a Barley Crusher to crush grains. It does a fantastic job, and most people report 5-10% efficency gains using our crush. The packaging you can see from the pic the Donner linked to. Heavy Duty plastic bags sized to the grains, and everything is labeled. If you order a Brew Builder recipe everything is packaged together, and labeled with the style of beer. Everything else is labeled by weight and grain type.

Thanks Donner for helping me out.

Ed

Hi Ed...

Just wanted to say thanks and to let you know that I have been more impressed with my orders from BrewMasters Warehouse than any other online retailer I've ever done business with!!! I'm now a life-long customer.:ban:

Now for a question... I did not order any dry yeast packets on my recent order because I was afraid they would get destroyed in this hot summer heat. My LHBS is over 150 miles away (Round Trip) so that is not always practical for yeast orders either.

I did not see any "Ice Pack" option that I could order like other retailers. How do you handle dry yeast in these hot summer shipments? The last two orders I made were received in just 2 days each time.

Thanks again....:mug:

They have Ice packs, he answered this earlier in the thread. Ed, you might consider placing ice pack links in your yeast pages.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/cheapest-ag-vendor-118327/index17.html#post1386917
BTW with my new barleycrusher my efficiency jumped big time, Wow...
The Oatmeal Stout I ordered got 86% and the 10g BM cream ale got me 83%. Before this I only got 50's and 60's. I did reset the gap to .036, some of my grains were small.
-Ben

Back