Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you are in trouble when she gives you this look...
20200828_084245.jpg

I've been working out of town for the last month, tonight I get this with, "your cat is broken. "

View attachment 699096

He's weird.

My ginger and white does that regularly. He'll walk alongside a wall, do a kind of forward roll and end up on his back, legs splayed out, saying "Scratch me house slave"

Yes they are.
How are you enjoying the LR?
Its great! Everyone in the household is very satisfied with it. It really does knock a lot of smells down and is way less annoying to clean up. I was probably the most skeptical, and its only about a month or so old, but it really does seem to run really well. Once we get the upstairs whipped into shape, I think we will purchase an additional one to replace the box up there (which is now scarcely used, actually). The tiger can be a bit skittish and it took him a tad longer to get used to the small noise it makes, but he's completely over it now. Its a steep price, but its somehow worth the cost haha.

Hey everyone,

Do any of you have a vet-approved raw food recipe suitable for cats with kidney disease? My cat was just diagnosed and I need to move her to a protein controlled, low phosphate diet. The prescription stuff is horrible expensive (like $1300/year) and I think I can do better for less cost.

One popular recipe is found here: Raw Homemade Kidney Care Diet for Cats - Health, Home, & Happiness

They use 70/30 beef for lower protein and ground up eggshells in place of bones to reduce phosphate. Polular doesn't mean medically approved though. Appreciate advice from anyone with experience. Cheers.

Hey everyone,

Do any of you have a vet-approved raw food recipe suitable for cats with kidney disease? My cat was just diagnosed and I need to move her to a protein controlled, low phosphate diet. The prescription stuff is horrible expensive (like $1300/year) and I think I can do better for less cost.

One popular recipe is found here: Raw Homemade Kidney Care Diet for Cats - Health, Home, & Happiness

They use 70/30 beef for lower protein and ground up eggshells in place of bones to reduce phosphate. Polular doesn't mean medically approved though. Appreciate advice from anyone with experience. Cheers.

we use honest kitchen. Knocked out all of our allergy issues.

Just found this thread, here's a shot of our Isabel, March of 2006. She was an airport kitty my wife found on a break from work. We took her home over a Thanksgiving weekend and had planned to return her to the "wild" of Philadelphia international airport. We had her for 12 years.

More to come, we're cat people!
89DCF4B2-0F17-487E-A03C-55A2AF4ADF20_1_105_c.jpeg

This is milo. Milo is a rescue, and at only 9 months of age he already weighs 16 pounds and takes up half the sofa. Several signs suggest he's part maine coon, not least of which is his funny squeaks instead of meows, and he's very vocal. He also grunts like a little piggy and snores in his sleep. This photo is a couple months old, and he's grown into his big feet a bit more, though he still binges Netflix in the same pose. Soon I'll introduce him to brewing, but for now he's not allowed in the garage.
20200821_194903.jpg

Lost my little buddy this morning. She came to me as a 2 year old stray in 2012. The most gentle and loyal cat with the softest fur I've ever seen. She developed a few medical issues this last year, which were being managed successfully, but sadly she suffered a stroke or aneurysm this morning and passed in my arms while at the animal hospital.

They leave such a hole in our hearts when they go. RIP Willow. You'll be sorely missed.

20191207_212617.jpg

Last edited:
Lost my little buddy this morning. She came to me as a 2 year old stray in 2012. The most gentle and loyal cat with the softest fur I've ever seen. She developed a few medical issues this last year, which were being managed successfully, but sadly she suffered a stroke or aneurysm this morning and passed in my arms while at the animal hospital.

They leave such a hole in our hearts when they go. RIP Willow. You'll be sorely missed.

View attachment 723039

Beautiful cat. Sounds like you gave her a great life.

Back