Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Lefou

Danged rascally furt
Reaction score
Festus, doing what he does best - sleeping.
He's not actually a pure Bombay or black cat, he's a mix. His fur is actually a deep, dark chocolate with barely visible darker stripes you can only see in bright sunlight. We're feeding both kits a mix of dry and wet food along with chicken, salmon, and tuna. I cook for the dog and he likes my food. This irks the wife because the dog will be picky with her cooking. :D

fest2.jpg

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Festus, doing what he does best - sleeping.
He's not actually a pure Bombay or black cat, he's a mix. His fur is actually a deep, dark chocolate with barely visible darker stripes you can only see in bright sunlight. We're feeding both kits a mix of dry and wet food along with chicken, salmon, and tuna. I cook for the dog and he likes my food. This irks the wife because the dog will be picky with her cooking. :D

View attachment 737484
I had a Bombay. I may have a small tattoo dedicated to him.... watch yourself :)

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Our current cat doesn't care about the beer in any way, but the previous cat (pictured) was obsessed with the fermentation bubbles and would stand guard over the magic cauldron the entire brew. He was a proper black cat.

My pets tend to get very large. Pugs here lived to 14 and weighed 26lbs, and was nearly 4 foot from nose to tail. We couldn't let him go outside because the neighbors would keep calling the news about a black panther on the loose.
What's your secret to feeding them?

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Meet Festus and Mara.

I got them from the Ocean County Animal Shelter as stray kitten siblings. There were three siblings, I took two. Teddy, the third little one, was already wanted by multiple people so I took the others - and glad I did. They are well-socialized little cats at just over 4 months of age.
I typically name all my male cats with an Italian or Latin name, so Festus fits this happy little ball of energy. He's my shadow and a comfort since my Old Gray Man passed on. Mara is a very mild-mannered girl who rarely ever says much.

View attachment 737480View attachment 737481
You're grey looks like my new kitten, Kevin. This one is turning out to be super high energy and very smart. He's also got himself a really assertive personality and unfortunately likes to pick fights. I'm working on that little quirk, and may introduce him to a second kitten to see if that calms him down and improves his social skills.

He likes to get in on what I'm doing and here he is supervising the window remodel...

20210809_150423.jpg

20210809_150746.jpg

Lefou

Danged rascally furt
Reaction score
He likes to get in on what I'm doing and here he is supervising the window remodel...
My two are underfoot constantly. Dragging potatoes out of the bag and rolling them across the floor.
They eff with the dog by tapping him on the head with paws while he drinks from his water bowl. They steal his toys or attempt to raid his treats and training snacks. The dog is trained to some degree and has a good temper, thankfully, but he's a young Husky and has to stay leashed in the house, otherwise he'd ransack the house or trash the place if he wasn't supervised - especially with young cats around.
They double-team me at 4 or 5AM by sticking a wet nose in my face. One of Festus' favorite tricks is climbing up my bare leg and hugging me as a reminder he's hungry. They're very much a couple of naughty kids who watch everything when they're not busy deconstructing the place.

Obviously typical juvenile cats. They'll calm down after a while ... I think.

Immocles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You're grey looks like my new kitten, Kevin. This one is turning out to be super high energy and very smart. He's also got himself a really assertive personality and unfortunately likes to pick fights. I'm working on that little quirk, and may introduce him to a second kitten to see if that calms him down and improves his social skills.

View attachment 738430

View attachment 738433
My wife is absolutely in love with that cat. And the name.