Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm just drinking a toast to Sophie. And remembering Cuddles, Muffin, Rebel, Eddie, Shauni, Ears Malone, Loki, Oliver, Phoebe, Hal, and Carlisle. And here's to a long and happy life for my current one and only Cricket, and George the brewery cat!

And I'm just drinking a toast to Sophie. And remembering Cuddles, Muffin, Rebel, Eddie, Shauni, Ears Malone, Loki, Oliver, Phoebe, Hal, and Carlisle. And here's to a long and happy life for my current one and only Cricket, and George the brewery cat!

George is getting big :)

Adjustments.JPG

I have the Three Stooges
Left to right - Moe, Larry and Curly

Living with an anxiety disorder is never easy but due to current events, it has been especially difficult for me lately. We often joke that our furry friends are a**holes but in reality, it often seems that they know just how to make us feel better. This is Piglet reminding me that when life gets tough, there is nothing that makes you feel better quite as effectively as ear scratches. Cheers everybody!
20190925_233723.jpeg

I just noticed you are from Akron, I grew up in Canton. Small world

Sympathies for your kitty.
Sent mine on her way during the winter of 2015 and it still pains me. I used to do some odd jobs in the blimp hangar and recall some long days and cold feet. Don't miss that one bit.

Living with an anxiety disorder is never easy but due to current events, it has been especially difficult for me lately. We often joke that our furry friends are a**holes but in reality, it often seems that they know just how to make us feel better. This is Piglet reminding me that when life gets tough, there is nothing that makes you feel better quite as effectively as ear scratches. Cheers everybody!

People without cats are missing out on one of the best stress relievers known to man. Nothing compares to a kitty laying on your chest and purring. When I'm having a bad night I curl up next to my Missy Kitty, scratch her ears, and she purrs me to sleep. I think that's what God created them for.

Last one with Sophie. We helped her on her way this morning.

My deepest condolences for your loss and my strongest apologies for not having kept up with this thread.

Does George follow you around a lot and talk to you a lot?

If so, you may have a Maine Coon. They are more dog than they are cat, but they live a very long time.

Again, my condolences.

Then you will have a lot of pleasure to temper your pain over Sophie.
George will quickly become your best Bud whether you like it or not!
I envy you in a way. I really miss my Tabby, but I'm glad that you have found yours!

Be safe out there.

Our cat has been very upset with us lately.
We have invaded her territory due to isolation.
There are many "jokes / memes" floating around the web on this, but it's quite real.
She's not used to us milling about the house all day, and goes upstairs and howls, then runs around chasing something that's not there.
Poor kitty has gone psycho....

In a lifetime of having cats, I'm experiencing a problem that I haven't come across before. We have had our trio for about 3 years. They tolerate each other, not really the cats who love one another. Lots of swats and hisses and wrestling but never full on actual battles. Our newest cat is an avid window watcher. We have squirrels, bunnies, chipmunks, leaves, birds, and ...a stray cat. He must have first started coming around last fall, ive only caught one or two glimpses of it. Looks like a big orange tom and he seems to come around ( or get only get spotted ) twice a week or so. Edgar absolutely raises hell at shrieks at it, and it runs away. The problem is his war cry causes our lady cat to go into full navy seal attack mode. It gets really heated and really really violent. Pretty scary to the point where we are really uncomfortable at the thought of staying overnight and leaving them alone. Didn't happen all winter, but since the weathers warmed up we have had to break up a few fights. We have the break up down pretty well, just remain calm and we can usually talk one or both down. If she won't give up on attacking him, we leave her in the basement to cool off. Anyone have anything similar or any clues how to get him to NOT scream bloody murder when he sees the orange interloper? He doesn't shout at the dogs on the sidewalk or the cats at the vet or anything like that. It really seems to just be that one. We refuse to do any actual harm to stray cat.

In a lifetime of having cats, I'm experiencing a problem that I haven't come across before. We have had our trio for about 3 years. They tolerate each other, not really the cats who love one another. Lots of swats and hisses and wrestling but never full on actual battles. Our newest cat is an avid window watcher. We have squirrels, bunnies, chipmunks, leaves, birds, and ...a stray cat. He must have first started coming around last fall, ive only caught one or two glimpses of it. Looks like a big orange tom and he seems to come around ( or get only get spotted ) twice a week or so. Edgar absolutely raises hell at shrieks at it, and it runs away. The problem is his war cry causes our lady cat to go into full navy seal attack mode. It gets really heated and really really violent. Pretty scary to the point where we are really uncomfortable at the thought of staying overnight and leaving them alone. Didn't happen all winter, but since the weathers warmed up we have had to break up a few fights. We have the break up down pretty well, just remain calm and we can usually talk one or both down. If she won't give up on attacking him, we leave her in the basement to cool off. Anyone have anything similar or any clues how to get him to NOT scream bloody murder when he sees the orange interloper? He doesn't shout at the dogs on the sidewalk or the cats at the vet or anything like that. It really seems to just be that one. We refuse to do any actual harm to stray cat.

Put food out, but in a place that can't be seen and with access by a path that can't be seen. We have fed strays for a long time and put out food behind the garage so the pride (?) of indoor cats don't get in a hissy.

Also, to quickly break up a fight just use a spray bottle filled with a diluted mixture of water and Febreeze.
Not harmful to the cats but both of them will enjoy the Febreeze. It's kinda like catnip without the expense!

Put food out, but in a place that can't be seen and with access by a path that can't be seen. We have fed strays for a long time and put out food behind the garage so the pride (?) of indoor cats don't get in a hissy.

Hmm. Maybe I was thinking in the wrong direction then. I was looking for how to avoid the cat coming across the property to begin with. My only worry on feeding him is that it will just increase his likeliness of coming through the yard. Although Mr. Orange seems to already enjoy swinging through our place regularly.

Also, to quickly break up a fight just use a spray bottle filled with a diluted mixture of water and Febreeze.
Not harmful to the cats but both of them will enjoy the Febreeze. It's kinda like catnip without the expense!

Hah thanks, but they tend to break up easily enough. The first time was a mess though. My wife and I were sort of hectic cuz we didn't realize what was going on and probably only added to the aggression. Things are much calmer about it now.
Also, spraying water doesn't work on the lady cat. She enjoys stuff like that. We can't run the shower with the door open or we will definitely have company in the tub.

Hmm. Maybe I was thinking in the wrong direction then. I was looking for how to avoid the cat coming across the property to begin with. My only worry on feeding him is that it will just increase his likeliness of coming through the yard. Although Mr. Orange seems to already enjoy swinging through our place regularly.

Hah thanks, but they tend to break up easily enough. The first time was a mess though. My wife and I were sort of hectic cuz we didn't realize what was going on and probably only added to the aggression. Things are much calmer about it now.
Also, spraying water doesn't work on the lady cat. She enjoys stuff like that. We can't run the shower with the door open or we will definitely have company in the tub.

Kinda hard to have a cat fight with only one cat, was my point.
But whatever works best for you!

mr Orange is gonna come by no matter what. He is a cat :)

Photo bomb of young Moose inspecting a 12.5% ABV HB Quadrupel. He's doing a really good job on ensuring quality. Still hoping he'll grow into those ears though! He's a very laid back kitten with an unlimited amount of energy. I'll likely post this on the "Drinking Now" thread.
Moose  inspecting beer.jpg

Photo bomb of young Moose inspecting a 12.5% ABV HB Quadrupel. He's doing a really good job on ensuring quality. Still hoping he'll grow into those ears though! He's a very laid back kitten with an unlimited amount of energy. I'll likely post this on the "Drinking Now" thread.
View attachment 677384
The Quad looks delicious, but with the cat you did the right thing by posting here first. :D

Nothin' better than a few kittie hugs.
When I got married I inherited two sibling males from the wife I called "The Fuzzy Boys". Extremely mild-mannered cats, even the vets adored them. When they're naughty I pick them up and give them hugs. Being cats they walk away thoroughly insulted.

Back