Carbonation/regulator question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbrett

Reaction score
I'm a first time kegger wannabe. Put my american bock extract in the keg. Set pressure at about 11psi as that was what i'd read where it should be for normal, slow carbonation. I was willing to wait. 3 days later, no carbonation. I tried to turn the gas up to approximately 12 psi and learned that i can turn the knob quite a ways before it changes. So, I'm questioning the accuracy of my system. All this reading charts and pressure settings is confusing. Help!

Seems when i turn the dial all the way off/out it doesnt go below 10 or 11 anyway. Thanks again to all the veterans on here who help us rookies. Btw, i am chilling at 38 degrees

Usually the set and forget method of carbonation takes about 2 weeks to get where you want it and even though it's not linear, I would still suspect 3 days is pretty short to expect much carbonation. A better wait time would be more like 7 days before getting light carbonation.

Seems when i turn the dial all the way off/out it doesnt go below 10 or 11 anyway. Thanks again to all the veterans on here who help us rookies. Btw, i am chilling at 38 degrees

If the connections have check valves turning the reg down will not REMOVE the gas. The set and forget method that you are trying to go with will take at least a week to show carbing most wait 2-3 weeks at chilled temps. Relax and give it some time.

Latest posts

Back