Carbonation keg lid side issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanwick

Reaction score
FYI. I recently bought one of these carbonation keg lids because I figured it would get my beer to servable faster. All was good until I hooked up additonal kegs on the same manifold. Normally this is fine if you want the same pressure on all kegs. I have a second manifold with a regulator in between if I want different pressure.

This time however all of a sudden beer starts flowing through my air hoses and I can't figure out what's going on. Eventually, I realize that the pressure is normalizing across all the kegs on the manifold (normally fine), but this time the "in" for the keg that has the carbonation lid actually has its input under the beer.

So, lesson learned.....before you put additional kegs on the same manifold, make sure you switch the carbonation lid input back to the regular corny input.

Going to take off all my air hoses and rinse them. Any thoughts on how to clean out the manifold that is attached to my kegerator collar?

Cheers,
Swan

Any thoughts on how to clean out the manifold that is attached to my kegerator collar?

Typical manifold (i.e. no secondary regulators on it)? If so, I would probably pump hot water through it in both (all) directions, followed by PBW solution, followed by starsan solution.

That said, you could probably get away with a PBW soak and then rinse.

Yep, what @VikeMan said then follow the PBW flush with a Star San flush and you will be good. But git er done, don't let the beer sit in the manifold and lines, it will coagulation and stick to the insides.

Back