Carbonation in Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew44

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently kegged a batch of Belgian that I made for an extract kit, the instructions called for a 7-10 days in the keg after adding priming sugar, all was good for the first 2 glasses however after a couple days i tried it again and its flat!

Should I add some more sugar and take it out of the kegerator and store at higher temps for a while? any suggestions?

HELP!

Hi all,

I recently kegged a batch of Belgian that I made for an extract kit, the instructions called for a 7-10 days in the keg after adding priming sugar, all was good for the first 2 glasses however after a couple days i tried it again and its flat!

Should I add some more sugar and take it out of the kegerator and store at higher temps for a while? any suggestions?

HELP!

How much co2 (what psi) do you have it set at?

Yes. 7 psi chilled in the kegerator.

That may be ok, but in my kegerator (39 degrees), I need more like 12 psi. If your kegerator is at 34 or so, 7 psi might be adequate. If it's warmer, turn up the regulator to 11-12 psi and see if it's better in a few days.

Did you have the gas on the whole time? Because it sounds like the gas wasn't on, if a couple of beers were poured and no co2 filled the headspace. It just sounds weird if the beer was carbed up, but now isn't. 7 psi is low, but it should take longer than a couple of days for the beer to go flat.

Yeah, gas was on it the entire time... will crank up the gas and hope for the best thanks!

did you let it sit at room temp to let the yeast create your CO2? If not, your yeast was dormant and you have sweeter beer because your yeast couldnt be awake at low temps to eat the sugar and create CO2

Latest posts

Back