Caramel Coffee Stout possibly stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtyler8140

Reaction score
I brewed a 2.5 gal batch of a Caramel Coffee Stout 5 weeks ago and the gravity reading for the past 3 weeks has been right around 1.024. I did not write down the original gravity like a dummy so I'm not sure where I started. I used the BIAB method and the recipe I used is below. In addition to the ingredient list, I also added about 1 cup of homemade butter rum caramel my wife made (recipe also below). I was wondering if 1.024 is too high for this beer to finish or if it is safe to bottle? I have tried on 2 occasions (weeks 3 and 4) to gently "stir" up the yeast to see if they would go back to work, but the gravity reading has stayed the same. Yeast was pitched at 68* and that is also the fermentation temperature. Had incredibly active fermentation the first few days (using a blow off tube) and then switched to a traditional air lock after 4 or 5 days. The brew has remained in the primary for all 5 weeks. I've always just left my brews in the primary for 3 weeks and had great results, this is the first time this has happened. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) Bel
8.0 oz Special B Malt
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L
8.0 oz Roasted Barley
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked
0.40 oz Challenger [7.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min
0.40 oz Kent Golding [5.80 %] - Boil 20.0 min
16.00 oz Cold Brewed Coffee (Added to Primary)
1 Cup Butter Rum Caramel (Added at Flameout)
1.0 pkg Windsor Yeast

Butter Rum Caramel Recipe
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 Tbs Dark Rum
2 Tbs Butter

Back