can't get co2 to come out of QD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeM80s

Reaction score
So for some reason when i was trying to pressurize a keg the co2 isnt working. it seems like it cant get past the qd for some reason. thoughts?

Are you putting it on the right post? You could alway take apart the QD and your keg post to make sure you don't have anything funny going on.

I have tried the blowoff valve on the regulator and i seem to have enough co2 in the tank. i have only used this tank to carb 2 brews so far... I can try to take pics/videos tomorrow or something maybe?

Perhaps the shut off valve that is after the regulator got bumped, and is now not letting gas through? If the valve is 90 degrees to the line, it is off, if it is in line with the tubing, it is on.

Perhaps the shut off valve that is after the regulator got bumped, and is now not letting gas through? If the valve is 90 degrees to the line, it is off, if it is in line with the tubing, it is on.

nope. I have tried shutting off the main twist valve and the smaller one you are talking about then turning both on. I hear gas moving through the line, but it gets backed up at the post or QD

do not have the keg at my house right now, its at my friends house where we brew at, but i will try this when i am there and let you know the results. I have tried it on 2 different kegs so thats why i think its more the qd than the post

Ok so fixed this somehow. I have come to the conclusion that 1 of 2 things was happening:
1 - The lid was not making a proper seal. I dont think this was the problem at all because I hooked up the co2 to a keg that did not have a lid just to see if the gas would come out and it did not
2 - how I attached the QD. In the past I would just push the QD down onto the post untill i heard it click. THIS time, I pushed the little ring at the bottom of the QD up over the bearings THEN attached to the post. That is when it worked so I want to say that was it.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. If you are in the north Ala. area tonight we will be drinking said oatmeal stout keg while enjoying A UFC fight tonight :mug:

Latest posts

Back