candi sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craprocker

Reaction score
so in my haste of brewing and relaxing i forgot to add the Candi sugar to my brew. plus my stupid yeast hasn't even started to do anything. So my question is this. can i boil down my candi sugar in a half gallon of water or so and add it tho the cooled wort or am i screwed? I think i'm going go to the brew store tomorrow after work and get some more yeast. This is an Ommegang clone

1: Bet your yeast gets going all by itself. Don't fuss about it. If you don't have a backup packet in your fridge, go get one, but don't get too excited about needing to add it because it's not taken off like a rocket yet. If the wort was not absurdly hot when the yeast was added, it's fine.

2: Boil, cool, add is fine for sugar.

add the sugar when you rack into secondary. this is pretty common for belgian beers that are highly attenuated.
as far as the yeast goes, it's a wild card. i had a batch that didn't get going for about 36-hours and was terribly disappointed with the flavor. you may have better luck though.

Back