Can you Brew It database

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my next 10 for Brewing Classic Styles. I am having to adjust my recipes for gravity, which is bringing the ingredients down a bit. I am having better luck with most of the other numbers being perfect. How are the CYBI recipes looking? I haven't had a chance to look at any of them yet.

Quick update. I was just checking through some things to make sure the posted recipes match up. I have to adjust some of the hop AAs, so I haven't sent them to Brad yet.

Quick update. I was just checking through some things to make sure the posted recipes match up. I have to adjust some of the hop AAs, so I haven't sent them to Brad yet.

Crap. I forgot to do that part. They are all just the standard AA from beersmith.

That's what I figured. I'm still pretty new to Beersmith, so I just need to sit down and figure out the easiest way to update them all at once.

I haven't tried to do this yet in BS2, but in BS1 once you put an ingredient into a recipe, they are disassociated with the counterpart in the ingredients list (e.g. If you added a hop to a recipe then changed the AA% of that hop in the hops list, the one in the recipe will have the legacy AA% value).

My guess is BS2 works the same way. I think you'll have to go into each recipe and update the hops one-by-one. :( If you need a hand I could help out with a few tonight.

Yea. You just double click on the hops and change the AA on it. Hopefully it works the same way in v2.

It does work the same way in BS2. What I have done in BS2 though with my BCS recipes is double click the OG/IBU/and SRM "bars" to give a final tweak to get the numbers to balance. If there are coloring grains in the recipe this will allow you to lower them to a set number in SRM. It also lowers other grains and hops via the same mechanism. I hope this is ok to do since my numbers for OG were always way off from the recipes. Color and IBU's weren't that much off. My thinking was, if they said it was that OG/IBU/SRM, then it was. So, one should adjust accordingly... Right? I sure hope so since I am on 20 recipes now from the BCS book.

I finally got everything checked and sent off to Brad at BS. For whatever reason I couldn't get the OG and IBUs to match up exactly with the recipes given, but they are within a few points. (Yes, I checked my equipment settings.)

At any rate, hopefully there will be an add-in soon. Thanks to SeaBass for getting the recipes in electronic format, and thanks to Eric for putting the CYBI database together!

That is sweet! Thanks for putting in the work! I have been playing with the software, and trying recipes from this thread, now you made it easy. Cheers!

where are they located on the beersmith site? I can't seem to find them. Anyone have a link?
In Beersmith 2 click on 'Help' then 'Add-ons'.
The Add-ons window comes up. Click on "Add". Then click on "BNs Can You Brew IT Recipes". Then click Install Add-on.

In Beersmith 2 click on 'Help' then 'Add-ons'.
The Add-ons window comes up. Click on "Add". Then click on "BNs Can You Brew IT Recipes". Then click Install Add-on.
Thanks, I probably should have thought to look in the program, not just the beersmith website. :drunk:

When I go to 'Help' and 'Add-ons" the "BNs Can You Brew IT Recipes" aren't there at all. Tried seeing if there was a software update, but it says that I have the newest edition.

Anyone else having this problem?

When I go to 'Help' and 'Add-ons" the "BNs Can You Brew IT Recipes" aren't there at all. Tried seeing if there was a software update, but it says that I have the newest edition.

Anyone else having this problem?

Click on the Add (Plus sign) button

8 Wired RIS

Arrogant Bastard Ale

Avery Maheraja

Black Butte Porter

Boont Amber

DFH 120

Oskar Blues Gordon/g'kight

Mirror Pond

Rogue Dead Guy

Rugbrod

Shakespear Oatmeal Stout

Stone Levitation

Stone Old Guardian

Terrapin Wake N Bake

Walkers Reserve

That's all I have for now. Eventually, I'll get to more of them as well as the new ones as they come out. Check for errors. They should be good, but sometimes I entered info after several drinks or before coffee.

:mug:

does anyone know how i can convert .bsm files into beerxml without beersmith? i use beeralchemy and as far as i can tell it won't import .bsm

Back