Can you Brew It database

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Eric! When you find time to update this thread, the boys did a successful re-brew of Arrogant Bastard that would make a proper addition to the recipe lineup...

Great job Eric! When you find time to update this thread, the boys did a successful re-brew of Arrogant Bastard that would make a proper addition to the recipe lineup...

It's in the AB link but you'll have to go through the thread a little.

It's in the AB link but you'll have to go through the thread a little.

Correct. I was considering starting a new thread, but I felt like there was already a good discussion going. I would love to edit the first post on that thread, but it is prohibited by the administrator.

Eric

Question - Do they post the recipes on the BrewingNetwork's website? I remember them saying the Jamil Show style recipes are on their website, but I have never been able to find them.

Anyone have a link to them? Or anybody know if the CYBI recipes are posted on the BN website?

If you go back and listen to the Jamil Show (before CYBI) he says in a lot of the episodes "go to the website and get the recipe there so you don't have to pause and rewind the podcasts 10 times in a row". At one point in time the Jamil recipes were , but the recipes are in his book, so there is no point in posting them online anymore.

I haven't heard them say anything about the CYBI being posted online or not (but I have listened to only a handful of the episodes).

The CYBI recipes should be posted online (as there is no print publication of the recipes). Its your own loss if you don't listen to the episode to get the context of the clone, but Eric's dedicated work here makes up for the BN not posting the recipes.

Thanks!

No, in fact, Jamil's been pretty vocal against it. He wants people to listen to the shows; not just run off and read a recipe out of context.

I was of course referring to CYBI recipes. Jamil Show recipes and many of his competition recipes are of course available all over in electronic and print form.

barrooze said:
Someday, when I have way too much hops on hand, I'll brew this one up. :)

Just curious, does HBT have a limit to how many times a post can be edited? I haven't seen the OP being updated with the links to the new brews.

I would be happy to update the OP, but the ability to edit is disabled after a certain amount of time. I have asked about editing this post several times, but not received any response.

Eric

thank you so much for this, eric. love these podcasts, and it's great to be able to access the recpies so easily
c

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is a labor of love. I am embarrassed to say that I have not brewed any of these recipes myself. I plan on brewing some this year though. When I do, I will post pics and tasting notes.

Eric

Damn! I wish I found this thread before I listened to most of the shows and put all of that info into beersmith!

I'm waiting for the rogue dead guy clone to finish fermenting, then I'm mixing the info from the shakespeare stout recipe with the Ninkasi Oatis stout (limited info from website) for the next batch on the pacman yeast cake. CYBI is a great show.

I swear I did a search just earlier today "can you brew it" trying to find as many of these as I could, I did not know about this thread nor did my search find it.

So subscribing for sure :D

Back