Can someone share a link to a good video on how to get into all grain brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobbyFromNJ has a great series on youtube that really gets into the details. If he'd only get his priorities straightened out and finish it ....

Once you run an all grain, you're going to say, "That's it?" Pick something with a small grain/hops bills and just do it. You'll be out $15 if you totally screw it up which is just about impossible to do. Cream of Three Crops would be a cheapy. If you're really concerned, try a BIAB. It eliminates the mash tun and would be very unlikely to get a stuck sparge with.

Before I went AG I hit youtube and watched many to get different ideas. Then I was able to see what was common across the board and some interesting techniques or ideas used by different people. I went BIAB so I searched on that as well. There is some amazing things (and some real time wasters) on youtube. The nice thing is that once you watch one, similar vids are linked as well. It takes more time, but I think it was worth it as least for me.

i'm probably one of the view that understands AG without really having a feel for extract. i have a rough idea of the process but AG makes more sense to me so i just went straight in.

This is the series that made me realize I could do all grain. At some point I had problem watching one of the 8 videos so not sure if that is still a problem.

[ame]http://youtu.be/eIGrsGPVA_Y[/ame]

Watching videos is a good start to see processes and learning what to do. But reading books like how to brew is going to accelerate your learning curve ten fold because you will know why you are doing what you are doing and you can modify your process accordingly

Back