Caddyshack is not a sports movie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there are players running up to 36k in a single game? I call bs. That would make him a marathon runner. And a damn good one if he can do the new york marathon in 90min. Even 24k is a pretty big feat

I'd never watch a marathon, but i'd watch one before a soccer game.

_

who says you don't get hit in soccer? when i played both teams always had a few players bleeding by the time the game was over. you guys are doing it wrong.

also golf is like pool or darts, but with walking. its a game, sorry fellas

Hmm, I goggled soccer hits and found this...

images-1.jpg

I have to defend rugby here, I played for 11 years on and off until my back surgery. I was also forced to play soccer (I used to ski race and for some stupid reason skiers think soccer is good dry land training for racing). Soccer demands a lot of skill and aerobic capacity. It's a sport. But it's in no way as physically as demanding as rugby. I played second row and loose forward. We do all the running the soccer guys do, but as a forward I was rucking or mauling constantly (for those that don't know that's when you drive the opponents off a tackle). Whenever there's a set piece the forwards are either scrumming (the big huddle thing where 8 guys from each team push as hard as possible against each other), lifting or driving a lineout (picking each other up then pushing till you have an anneurism against the other team), or running downfield to do more tackling, rucking and mauling.

Training for rugby is exactly like Marine Corps PT. It takes all the aerobic fitness of being on the track team plus the strength of wrestling. It's about the whole package, not just being able to run.

Hey hey I'm not knocking rugby... it's a brutal sport and indeed requires a lot of endurance. But basically what I'm trying to say is this (DISCLAIMER -- these are not attempts at summarizing the sports into neat packages. Just things I'd like to point out):

Rugby Football: tons of running coupled with intense physical contact.

Assocation Football (aka Soccer): tons of running, minor hitting, coupled with what physicists and anatomists call, "One of the most unnatural activities to the human body." In other words running for 90 minutes while doing things the body was not designed to do.

Just sayin'....

get over it guys, if your over 12 and you think Jedi was a good movie, im sure toy story and ice age are in your top ten of all time.... good luck and goodnight

get over it guys, if your over 12 and you think Jedi was a good movie, im sure toy story and ice age are in your top ten of all time.... good luck and goodnight

Why do you gotta bring Pixar into this? The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, the Toy Story series, etc, are some of my favorite movies. And yes, one or two of them are in at least my Top 25.

But then again, you'd also have to throw in A Clockwork Orange, my #1, to balance it all out ;)

im sorry that you all enjoy movies aimed at 8 year olds, enjoy the smurfs, it should be a blockbuster. if your lucky pixar might put out a 'my little pony' soon or a movie about martians with johnny depp and jeff dunham. go society!!!!

Back