Burner Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVCNick

Reaction score
I've been using this burner for my five gallon batches:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTBH2UO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question for those who know about metal and welding and such... how can I tell if the stand for this thing is up to the task of holding up a 10 gallon batch since I want to do that at some point?
Is there anything easy I can do to beef up the stand? Am I taking my life into my hands with every batch, or worrying about nothing?
Thanks for any input.

I would say it is more than strong enough. But 10 gallons of wort will be about 90 pounds. Stand on the burner to check it out.

The only thing I see that might be questionable is with the pins that hold the extensions. Don't use those and you should be fine.

Those pins are just set screws that hold the leg extensions in and are not structurally relevant to supporting weight... it is the upper frame and welds I'm wondering about, especially since it will be hot and have to hold up the weight at the same time.

Heavy-duty- specialty designed for for beer brewing but can be used for camping, fishing, outdoor cooking, emergency preparedness, etc. , strong and long lasting.

I think it is more than strong enough, again, stand on it. I bet it easily holds your weight.

But 10 gallons of wort will be about 90 pounds.

but at first it'll start out at ~14 gallons, and a pints a pound so ~120 pounds...but any pot big enough for a 10 gallon batch will be putting it's weight on the rim not the inner parts....

Latest posts

Back