Burger & Beer Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beast of a burger at an awesome German spot with a Celebrator.

0634670C-311A-4878-9F91-89E8BC82EB4F.jpeg

Ok, that one, I’m jealous of! I was starting to lose a little faith in you @Airborneguy.
I’m comfortable slumming and high class. 🤣

This burger has previously topped my list but today was a little short of the best I’ve had.

I have to start hitting up my old spots again so you guys can see some banging burgers. Hopefully our Meat Ups will get going again soon.

Ok, I know this looks bad but bear with me!

First off, my English Dark Mild that will definitely become part of the rotation.

Now, the burger…

I started with a mix of venison and beef seasoned with my buddy’s secret truffle-based burger spices. Next comes sautéed red onions, bacon, and Sweet Baby Ray’s mixed with Arby’s Horsey Sauce. The coup de grace is the bun: two homemade cheese and egg waffles. I love making them for buns. Mmmm!

Enjoy your weekends. Tomorrow is burger night at a new pub that just popped up near our house.

Attachments

• ACD75AEF-6D58-4867-8B72-7100B2EFC87E.jpeg
    ACD75AEF-6D58-4867-8B72-7100B2EFC87E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The picture does this burger no justice. “Fire Pit” burger from a new neighborhood spot. This place is promising! I had a Guinness but the drink in the pic is a Mezcal Margarita.

Attachments

• 4550B95F-4D16-4431-941B-D87B2462D647.jpeg
    4550B95F-4D16-4431-941B-D87B2462D647.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Man I'm itching for a burger! I'm trying to hold out for Saturday as I have a lot going on this week and I want to enjoy it. I may smoke some wagyu burgers that have been in my freezer since our last big summer burger meat up.

Portobello "burgers" with caramelized red onion and provolone. Topped with spinach. Served on a brioche bun toasted with butter and with mayo/mustard spread. Paired with roasted sweet potatoes with onion and garlic.

My rule is that I never replace meat with fake meat. So to me, a portobello burger isn't about avoiding meat. It's about making a delicious grilled portobello sandwich and embracing portobello for what it is, not trying to pretend like it's a burger substitute.

Beer was an IPA from Protector brewing company.

And it was delicious.

PXL_20230307_030401383.jpg

Please share the name of this place. There is a serious shortage of German restaurants in NJ. I would love to check this place out. :yes:
This is where the burger came from. It’s an awesome restaurant!

Nurnberger Bierhaus
(718) 816-7461
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1YGdrDFFDzgLhNGQ7?g_st=ic
There’s another which has been my favorite bar since I got back home from the Army, but the food is hit or miss. I have one beer here almost every Tuesday while my daughter warms up at gymnastics:

Killmeyer's
(718) 984-1202
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bbJtZrpPTKWbFZrr8?g_st=ic

This is where the burger came from. It’s an awesome restaurant!

Nurnberger Bierhaus
(718) 816-7461
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1YGdrDFFDzgLhNGQ7?g_st=ic
There’s another which has been my favorite bar since I got back home from the Army, but the food is hit or miss. I have one beer here almost every Tuesday while my daughter warms up at gymnastics:

Killmeyer's
(718) 984-1202
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bbJtZrpPTKWbFZrr8?g_st=ic
I've been to Killmeyer's but haven't checked out Nurnberger Bierhaus yet. I'll make it a priority, LOL. I really miss the Hofbrauhaus in Atlantic Highlands, but recently discovered the Deutscher Club of Clark. While it's a private club, they host public events. Their Oktoberfest was a great time. THANKS!

Wasn’t (isn’t?) there a big bierhaus in Hoboken?
I think so but I never got there. Seemed to be a hangout for college kids and such. Not really my vibe. Asbury Park has one too but again it seems too trendy and expensive. Nurnberger's looks like a great hangout though. I'll definitely be getting there soon.

My chef best friend came over today. Still no occasion for real plates! 🤣

Wagyu burgers on brioche buns with American cheese… then…

Homemade pickles that my wife baked in cheddar cheese.
Homemade burger sauce.
French onioned sauteed onions.
Onion ring.

9.5!

Oh and Amarillo Rye Ale.

1AEE51A9-925F-4B01-A2F7-C8B1D50F1DFC.jpeg

Attachments

• 31AF57D0-BD32-4F0B-BDA4-F7E2CAD52D1E.jpeg
    31AF57D0-BD32-4F0B-BDA4-F7E2CAD52D1E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I was telling my wife earlier that I am craving a burger. I haven’t had one since my last post.

4/11 is our first Meat Up in awhile. I’ll be sure to post that.

Down in Orlando for a week. This one’s from a place called Johnny’s Filling Station. Was supposed to be a bacon bleu burger but came out as a bacon, bleu, and American burger. 🤣

It was surprisingly good though. On to another tonight!

Attachments

• 460BC440-2D90-47A2-890D-53951A2107DC.jpeg
    460BC440-2D90-47A2-890D-53951A2107DC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back