Bulk Aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuNchBoX1371

Reaction score
Im just wondering does it really significantly change the taste of the beer? Cause i know for Irish Reds you have to age for several months, right?, so im just wondering. And do u have to transfer to a secondary if your doin lagers? I have noticed most of the recipies call for a secondary so im just double checking

Signifacant difference = No I've tried bulk and bottle aging a tripel with the same recipe and it wasn't a night an day difference I don't think.

I would only transfer to secondary if your leaving it sit for months to age and or adding additional goodies that don't need to sit on the yeast cake. Most beers can sit in the primary for 3-4 weeks then go to bottle or keg.

As for an Irish Red aging for months, not sure about that I'll be doing one this weekend and plan on letting it sit for 3 weeks then off to bottle.

Latest posts

Back