Built in Power Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawmerrill

Reaction score
I am building in an outdoor grill and was curious if anyone can recommend a particular power burner to build in as well for homebrew and nice shrimp boil.

ok, I'll play: wth is a "power burner"?

Put something in that'll do at least 50Kbtu and will support a kettle.
Whatever you want to call it...

Cheers! ;)

"Power Burner" i guess is the name used to market something more than the standard side burner typically built in . The typical standard side burners run from 15000 btu to possibly 30000 btu and start at about $250. In order to get up over 50,000 btu the built in versions are marketed as power burners and cost at least 3 or 4 times the standard burner price. What i was hoping to find in the forum, was for someone that has built in some form of less expensive burner with yet the higher btu's. What i mean by "built in" is the typical outdoor masonry island kitchen. Any advice is appreciated.

50Kbtu+ burners are cheap.

That burner is used on the Bayou Classic SP10, which with a 0-10 psi propane regulator should hit around 55Kbtu.
Install a mounting bracket that'll accept the threaded post and provide some adjustability and you should be good to go...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back