Building a side by side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyder124

Reaction score
Picked up a Samsung side by side to build a fermentation chamber and keg storage unit. I’ve seen a lot of other ideas on here about builds I want to do. I have not seen anyone do one with a LCD setup yet. The fridge I picked up has temps controlled by the water dispenser on the freezer side. Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Attachments

• 9742C0B0-A05C-4A4B-A354-76A476093807.jpeg
    9742C0B0-A05C-4A4B-A354-76A476093807.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • 907B4E37-AAAF-42F4-977E-F2C057F33C25.jpeg
    907B4E37-AAAF-42F4-977E-F2C057F33C25.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
[...]Any thoughts on how to approach this?

With tons of trepidation?
I just replaced the icemaker on our four door Samsung, bought the factory service manual for it first just to understand it.
And...it's like a nuclear submarine inside.
I'm not sure how I'd deal with it as a single chamber, never mind trying to manage the left/right sides independently...

Good luck!

With tons of trepidation?
I just replaced the icemaker on our four door Samsung, bought the factory service manual for it first just to understand it.
And...it's like a nuclear submarine inside.
I'm not sure how I'd deal with it as a single chamber, never mind trying to manage the left/right sides independently...

Good luck!
LOL sounds reassuring. thanks for the heads up.

I converted a side-by-side to have 4 kegs on the freezer side and a ferm chamber on the fridge side. Used two inkbird controllers, the first one for the freezer side replaces the thermostat that would typically control everything. The second controller powers a fan to push cold air from the freezer side into the fridge side. I mounted the taps to a piece of stainless that covered up the hole where the dispenser used to be.

Back