Budweiser Budvar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha! The Republic of Tejas. The Hill Country perhaps, or New Braunfels where "Der Wurst is the Best"?

North Texas, actually. 25 miles north of DFW Airport.

Fredericksburg has an authentic German brewery, Altstadt. Good Bavarian food there too!
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, really like the Hill Country. You must be up towards Denton. Had a friend from High School who went to college there. That's going back a few years (~60 of 'em!).

Aha! The Republic of Tejas. The Hill Country perhaps, or New Braunfels where "Der Wurst is the Best"?

North Texas, actually. 25 miles north of DFW Airport.

Fredericksburg has an authentic German brewery, Altstadt. Good Bavarian food there too!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah Altstadt is awesome I usually vac in the hill country and fly fish for the Guadalupe Bass. Even in the small towns they usually have Altstadt cans at the road side convenient store. The Kolsch is great stuff. I’m actually planing a treat to check out the Altstadt brewery this fall.

Shiner is everywhere but it’s different from what it used to be I think pre Gambrinus. Shiner years ago had a Kolsch called horn toad or something and it was good but haven’t seen it in years.

The beer place I worked at in college in update New York regularly carried Czechvar. It was readily available as long as we asked for it from our distributor. Ask your local place if they can order you a case.

Last time I was in the states I saw pilsner Urquell on tap at pf changs of all places... Might be worth a look for y'all.

Czechvar was all over North Texas when I lived there. It was in most of the mid to large shops that sold craft beer. I see it around Colorado, too. Similarly, usually in the larger shops.

I recall buying it a couple times when I was first getting into craft beer and trying everything. Didn't find it memorable enough to buy again. Now I'm spoiled with having some of the best Czech-style beer brewed stateside fifteen minutes from my house (Cohesion Brewing) so probably not buying Czechvar any time soon.

Back