Bru'n Water - water adjustment tab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian66

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using Bru'n water for the first time. My water profile is entered. I'm making a NEIPA and want to make the proper additions for Calcium and Chloride. So I'm on the water adjustment tab at the bottom where you enter water additions. The section for mineral adjustments where you can increase Calcium and Choride - show calcium and choride are all starting at 0. Does this take into account those levels from my water profile? It seems no since they are all starting at zero, Shouldn't it take into consideration the levels of Calcium and Chloride from my water profile?

Screenshots would help.
My water profile entered:

1610319302071.png

You see there are levels of calcium and chloride.

I enter my grain bill etc. then to to the water adjustment tab

1610319451990.png

1610319478840.png

Do I enter in at the bottom of the tab minerals to get the calcium and chloride levels i want to be at? I guess I'm not sure what to do on this tab as far as what to add - is it taking into consideration my profile already? Am I just reading this incorrectly?

In the last screen shot, I entered the additions. But before that the calcium and chloride showed 0 in that grid.

Attachments

• 1610319211903.png
    1610319211903.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Assuming that you have told the program that you aren’t diluting your tap water, the contribution of that tap water does show up as a component of the mashing water profile.

Assuming that you have told the program that you aren’t diluting your tap water, the contribution of that tap water does show up as a component of the mashing water profile.

I have told the program I'm not diluting. So do I make the adjustment with the calcium and chloride showing zero in the water adjustment tab? Or do I have to factor in my water profile does have some calcium and chloride?

I have told the program I'm not diluting. So do I make the adjustment with the calcium and chloride showing zero in the water adjustment tab? Or do I have to factor in my water profile does have some calcium and chloride?

You add your salt additions in the blue boxes on the bottom and look to the top for Green when you've hit your mark.

I have a similair problem, my mash PH just wont change in the water adjustment tab, no matter how much baking soda I add, it just satys more mash water alkalinity needed in the grain bill tab . About 45 CaCo3 in hardness so that should't really be a problem

Row 12 and 13 are the adjusted water profile. In your last screen shot you adjust B19 to B26 to get row 12 and 14 correct I19 to L26 is the weight of the minerals that you add to the mash and sparge water

I enter my grain bill etc. then to to the water adjustment tab

View attachment 713871

This screen shot shows your water profile is being taken into account.

It's in Row 6 "Existing Water Profile"

Your Percent Dilution water is 0, so you are starting with the water you entered.

If you delete the water additions below, don't you still have some entries in Line 13, Mashing water profile?

Row 12 and 13 are the adjusted water profile. In your last screen shot you adjust B19 to B26 to get row 12 and 14 correct I19 to L26 is the weight of the minerals that you add to the mash and sparge water

Thanks - this what was I was missing. I understand it now. Thanks again everyone!

Back