Bruery Societies 2015 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to downplay the excitement of the allocations but I cant help but mention this tidbit they threw into the details. It seems like the Bruery is perpetuating their problem of over-projecting what they can feasibly deliver in a yearly timeframe.

"Today is also one of the biggest Society Member Mondays we've ever had for new allocations. And there's still plenty more in store that we had planned for the 2015 calendar year, which is a good thing (from a beer adventure point-of-view) and a bad thing (from a pocketbook's perspective). So, rather than cram everything into these last few months, some of the releases are going to be pushed into the first few months of 2016, where all members of our 2015 Reserve and Hoarders Societies will have access to purchase allocations at the same amount and discount as the present year. When the beer tells us it's ready, we'll space out the releases accordingly."

When the beer is ready - its ready. Yes, I would rather have ready beer than beer thats rushed to get it to us on their previously determined schedule. Indeed many are already spending so much money this month but dont pretend your failure of scheduling is a courtesy to us. Unless they are implying the start of next year is going to be slow and boring, the only people benefiting from this year being stretched out are the ones who are not in for next year. The rest of us will have the 2015 leftovers as well as the new 2016 allocations to deal with juggling financially.

Ugggh im such a whiny *****.

Ukulele sounds great, until the Thai Chili. I love the Passion Fruit and ginger ale, but not a fan of chilies in my beer (few exceptions). We will see though. I am hoping these will be on tap when I go up in a couple of weeks.
First rule of beer, don't chili beer. Ever. Srs. Super SRS.

Imperial Cabinet sounds interesting enough but I'm really worried about another cocktail beer. If it wasn't for that I think my excitement would be a fair bit higher. At least they kept the ABV <10% on this one.

Anybody have some more Black Tuesday purchases available? Trying to grab 3. will send shipping label and ship thank you box. Let me know.

edit: will also pay for the black tuesdays LOL

Last edited:
Anyone else notice the change in bottles. Terreux bottles have a punt and Bruery bottles do not.

This makes me sad for 2 reasons, Bruery bottles used to be great for bottling my mixed culture beers and secondly the new Bruery bottles don't fit in my fridge with a stopper.

LOVE THIS SITE!!! you guys are the best
UhYeah.gif

Dumb question alert:

Would BA 2 Turtle Doves get me anywhere near a Black Tuesday Reserve?
Find the right person (ie, newer HS that wasn't around for the first year of the RS) and you could probably get it done. I think you'd have more luck on BA or an FB trading group though.

The problem is a lot of people (probably includes you) got BA two turtle doves as a consolation when they ran short of 100% Cuir(or coton... Can't remember). So the audience for such a beer may already have it

The problem is a lot of people (probably includes you) got BA two turtle doves as a consolation when they ran short of 100% Cuir(or coton... Can't remember). So the audience for such a beer may already have it

Yeah, it was the 100% Cuir. That's kind of what I figured but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

black tuesday reserve was the beer i was looking forward to most this year. lets hope it is good!

Dumb question alert:

Would BA 2 Turtle Doves get me anywhere near a Black Tuesday Reserve?

I would think that would be easy. I trustee for a couple HS members that are not splitting (that means 8 bottles just for him) and new enough to not have had access. Hell, one of them is in Illinois, not sure how close or far from you.

i am ISO the new black tuesday glass if anyone ends up with an extra.

Reserve allocations:
[Add 2x for HS (except Wine III is limit 3 for them)]

CinnamonkTM
12.1% ABV
$24.99 - $21.24
Purchase Limit: 3 Bottles

Cinnamon and monks are both known for being found in remote locations. Their stories separately stretch back several millennia, and both can pinpoint their popularity to modern day Egypt. But here's something else they have in common: together, they make a formidable team in creating wildly traditional bière™. Cinnamonk is a dark, imperial, Belgian-style sour brown ale - the type of beer a monk might brew if he took up permanent residence in Southern California. Cinnamon was used to amplify the subtle spicing derived from the Belgian yeast while blueberries catapult the dark fruit flavors. After spending time in bourbon barrels, the result emerges with notes of candied dates and tree nuts, toffee-drizzled dark winter fruits, maduro earthiness, autumnal spicing, tart flavors and oak-aged character.
Elements of FunkTM: Brettanomyces Drei
6.5% ABV
$14.99 - $12.74
Purchase Limit: 2 Bottles

We're laying down a funky beat. Four beats, to be precise. It's our Elements of Funk series, designed to showcase the similarities and differences between four strains of brettanomyces, which the cool kids call "brett". To accomplish this, we started with a base beer that took inspiration from Saison de Lente, using a fairly simple malt bill, noble hops and familiar house yeast to leave the path to funk as unobstructed as possible. Following the base beer's fermentation in stainless steel, we then sent one quarter of it to the brite tank at a time. Each quarter was inoculated and separately bottled with a different strain of brettanomyces: lambicus, drei, claussenii and brux. While all four variants appear similar to the naked eye, the nuances are many.

Elements of Funk: Brettanomyces Drei exhibits a fruitier aroma than other members of its funky family with citrus and tropical flavors flirting amidst a tingly, expansive and dry mouthfeel.
Humulus Rueuze®
6% ABV
$19.99 - $16.99

Humulus Rueuze is a variation on our take on the traditional Belgian-style lambic gueuze with one major exception: massive amounts of dry hops. To begin, we carefully select a number of oak barrels that have been aging our sour blonde ale for anywhere from several months to several years, and then blend the beers together for the ideal flavor. Once that is achieved, we pile heaps of Hallertau Blanc hops on top to achieve an aromatic blend like no other, inundating the senses with citrusy, tropical, funky and grassy goodness. This is one complex beer, and it's best consumed fresh.

Allocations pt. 2

[URL='http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001Gpsq3sTa5VHFmRC0_Hzz6fvf_o474_uCgUoWHrFah4Oib3fW-d9Ex4AIppb3IuFpllHhoa8E61WsTpKSmJiV8lWgT9KnZV78wueqfO6OzAlqe58fnMwmqZcgHEkPH4sZchobt3EgUhvTcVT5ucn9sdAtN2eEgb_AxNzrhQ7g6j07PAWgLlvPy4-uz35DCJEHdQIgi488wS-CK78PDoprEImEsOKdRwhOGVNECZBEoVs=&c=uURTeeurrextqIYL7vaMWBkuDPUh__uuqXxRVCPDiM2twVo2s-2hsw==&ch=o6UfGBUG4ahNqBQBCmIL4Ldk09sI1LRNfTsGqz4EceMXeTXOFu8lNg==']
Oude Tart
® with Boysenberries[/URL]
8.3% ABV
$22.99 - $19.55

Oude Tart is a Flemish-Style Red Ale aged in red wine barrels for up to 18 months. This version has had boysenberries added for the final stages of barrel-aging. In fact, there are over two gallons of boysenberry purée per barrel. The final compilation is pleasantly sour with hints of leather, dark fruit, tart boysenberries and toasty oak. While the Flemish-style red ale is one of the more classic beer styles that we make, it's not a style that you can find too often in the United States. Originating in style from the Flanders region of Belgium, near the French border, this dark, sour ale has roots deep in brewing history and predates most of the ales that have become popular in contemporary culture. We're doing our best to keep the tradition alive by brewing and aging this beer here on the west coast.
Ruebarb
TM
6% ABV
$22.99 - $19.55
Purchase Limit: 2 Bottles

If you're looking for a beer that tastes like grandma's cooking, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a beer that is jam-packed with nostalgia, you've come to the right place. Ruebarb is an oak-aged sour blonde ale with red raspberries and rhubarb. Bright berry kernels break and give way to a tart, jammy sweet flavor. Mildly bitter herbal and floral notes accompany the raspberry-rhubarb combo as it alternates between sweet and sour. Beer and dessert have never tasted better together.
Wineification
TM III
19% ABV
$39.99 - $33.99
Purchase Limit: 1 Bottle

The Rues and the Parkers are back at it again! In this third rendition of Wineification, they continue to vanquish the boundaries between wine and beer, combining their brains and brawn with a blend of juicy grenache grapes from Rodney's Vineyard and Black Tuesday from The Bruery. Matured in a combination of bourbon and French Oak barrels, Wineification III is a complex and careful balance of rich, juicy grenache flavors, earthy tannins, artisan dark chocolate, scorched honey and bourbon warmth to embrace the winey character with open arms.

I won't be spending much this month (thank God). Definitely picking up the Wineification 3 and MAYBE 1 Ruebarb but everything else seems meh. So WTH is going on with the two mystery beers? Perhaps they're both infected and ruined? Does anyone have any inside knowledge into these? Perhaps we will have another middle of the month "surprise" allocation or perhaps they'll be December allocations?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they roll out an Element of Funk beer every week this month since there are 4.

Allocations end on the 20th, so I imagine they'll bust out the Mystery Beers that following Monday and give you until the end of the month to order them.

Back