Brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Any good all grain brown ale five gallon batches out there?

Plenty... You'll need to narrow your search down a bit though by type of brown ale. Look in the recipe section (from the main page) and have at it.

Personally, I'm brewing English brown ales (when I brew them)... I find I like them a lot, with some variety.

Make a "Moose Drool" clone. "caribou slobber" or "deer dribble" are some names I've seen. There was a clone recipe in Brew Your Own magazine a few months back. Quite possibly one on here. I think I also found one online just by googling it.
It came out Very tasty.:tank:

Yea I just realized wrote that in wrong post I mean an English brown ale somthing with a more nutty flavor.

Go to the recipe section of the forum and crawl through the English Brown Ales recipes. I usually sort them by replies and that way you can quickly see which recipes are getting the most attention.

Try this:

English Brown Ale

I just bottled a nice warm, bready brown with marris otter, Munich, victory Malts, EKG, and notty yeast if that sounds like a recipe you'd like.

Back