Brewus Interruptus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sastrugi

Reaction score
There I was all set to get a delivery today so I could brew this weekend. Tapping my feet in anticipation. Couldn't wait. Checked the UPS site: my order was out for delivery. But UPS didn't come... and didn't come... and didn't come. I checked the UPS site again: "need valid address"? WTF? Looked closer: one digit of my street address is off. They tried to deliver about ten houses away and couldn’t. Who knows where the box is now. I checked my original order and it was correct there, so whoever made up the shipping label goofed.

Bummer.

I'm thinking I'll mash some breakfast cereal, throw in some parsley leaves in the last ten minutes and pitch a handful of bread crumbs. At least then I'll feel sort of like I brewed. No wait -- at the end I’ll throw an M-80 in and blow the top off my Ale Pail, THEN I’ll feel like I’ve brewed.

I live on a county road. Whenever I order anything online I can't abbreviate the word "County" or it will come back as an invalid address. Weird.

I really love it when I AM HOME eagerly awaiting delivery, and status changes from 'out for deliver' to 'error'. Call them- "We attempted to deliver this today at blah blah." Funny, I remember looking at the clock five minutes before that wondering when it was going to show up, looking at on demand for anything decent on TV.... Ask if they can hold for pickup- "That driver doesn't get back from his run until 9; The office closes at 8." BRILLIANT!

Been there. My location is wrong on all of the mapping software, so unless the driver does something weird, like read the freaking sign!, or knows where I'm located, there's trouble. At least I have a sign up at the end of my driveway. Many of the folks around here have been here so long, they think everyone knows where they live.

But, you can't do much about typos.

Latest posts

Back