Brewpi modes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmskis

Reaction score
After fermenting in profile mode, which worked PERFECT! I am now carbing the keg naturally. So I turned it to fridge constant since I can nit monitor beer temp and it is not that critical. Will the Pi update to find the best values for the predictive turning on and off? Just curious because I notice I get some swings in temp in this mode vs the profile mode. It seems to be warming to target temp then cooling off to a lower temp ( due to ambient being cooler and lack of good insulation, not from kicking the fridge on to cool). Probably this is what it is supposed to do but since I have never used this mode I just was checking.

I sure can. Which page would you like a screenshot of?

Also will this tuning of the fridge constant mode change the tuning of the beer profile mode? Or do the different modes have their own tuning settings?

Yes it will, but both modes should run smoother after tuning.

I need a screenshot of the temperature diagramm.

Fridge constant mode is much less precise than beer constant mode.

In beer constant mode, brewpi measures the beer temperature then adjusts the fridge temperature to (slowly) cause the beer temperature to change (or remain constant).

In fridge constant mode it measures only the fridge temperature, and turns the fridge on and off to keep it close to the target. It doesn't use the heater.

This is my understanding based on when I last looked at the code.

Fridge constant mode is much less precise than beer constant mode.

In beer constant mode, brewpi measures the beer temperature then adjusts the fridge temperature to (slowly) cause the beer temperature to change (or remain constant).

In fridge constant mode it measures only the fridge temperature, and turns the fridge on and off to keep it close to the target. It doesn't use the heater.

This is my understanding based on when I last looked at the code.

I am running in fridge constant mode and it kicks the heater on. But I wonder what would happen if I used beer constant with the beer temp probe in the chamber like it is now?

The beer temp seems to fluctuate to fast with the fridge temp, that creates the problem.

Are you using a thermowell? If not did you isolate your probe?

The beer temp seems to fluctuate to fast with the fridge temp, that creates the problem.

Are you using a thermowell? If not did you isolate your probe?

The beer is in a keg. I guess I could insulate the probe against the side of the keg but since I was not really concerned with exact beer temp I did not place it on the keg..just free inside the chamber. My thought was in fridge constant it would use the chamber temp probe to regulate the chamber temp. My keg is just conditioning and carbing so exact temp is not crucial hence why fridge constant mode.

Sorry, yes you are right. The fridge never really reaches the set temperature. Try to double the Kp value in the settings and check back what happens.

Back