Brewing today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red5

Reaction score
I'm trying to be more active on the forum, so here's what I'm brewing today, Three Crops Cream Ale. Thanks BierMuncher for the recipe.
20180304_120936.jpg
20180304_120951.jpg

Looks like you have some pretty good weather for garage brewing. I see a little green grass. No snow. No flood water.

I'm in Alabama, so we can go thru 3 seasons in one day, plus rain. People are out mowing today, but it's going to die when they are done, we have another freeze coming even though it was 65 today, we got down to 35 last night. We had flooding last week. Welcome to Alabama!! But it was a good day to brew!!!

Wondering why the bag is so far down the outside of your kegggle?

Are you trying to clamp the bag so it doesn’t touch the bottom of the keggle?

I think most let the bag fully line the brew pot? Then stir constantly if adding heat to avoid scorching?

This looks like a bit of a different approach then I’m used too, if it works for you great, guess I’m a little curious?

I do it to keep it from touching the bottom, to keep it from scorching in case I have to fire up the burner. I scorched one bag already from it touching the bottom, I have a single jet fire burner, so it gets hot.

We actually have 5 kayaks and a canoe. We do day trips and multi-day trips on the rivers and lakes here. We just did a 50 miler on the Buffalo river in Tn this past summer. Haven't done any fishing from them, just touring around.

We actually have 5 kayaks and a canoe. We do day trips and multi-day trips on the rivers and lakes here. We just did a 50 miler on the Buffalo river in Tn this past summer. Haven't done any fishing from them, just touring around.
I am so jealous, I live in a very arid part of South Africa. A river nearby but last time it was flowing was in 2007.

I am so jealous, I live in a very arid part of South Africa. A river nearby but last time it was flowing was in 2007.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can get on the water somewhere, kayaking is a lot of fun. My family enjoys it, and I take our boy scout troop on the water often.

Back