Restarting Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweets17

Reaction score
I brewed up "Cream of Three Crops" with 1.044 OG and pitched with US-05. I ferment in cornies and spund at 10psi in my living room. Room is typically at 75F but is now at 68F due to weather and I didn't account for this.

Well 6 days pass and I'm at 1.014. Brewfather is calling for 1.009 FG. I put the keg in the keezer and burst carbed overnight as usual.

I was planning to take some to a party a couple days later and took the risk.

Couple days later came and it does taste a little sweet. Ended up not taking it.

What I'm getting at is should I pull the keg out of the keezer and let her finish up? Or am I thinking too hard?

Guess, you should pull the keg out of the keezer and let it finish up. The ideal fermentation temperature for US-05 yeast is between 64-72°F (18-22°C). At 68°F, the yeast may not have been able to fully ferment the beer, which is why it still tastes a little sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't hurt anything to pull it out. Might get more to your liking or it might not. My son kegs and he will leave kegged beer sit out for months. Unless he's been tossing some and not telling me, it's always been decent beer.

I don't care for sweet beer either. Except for maybe some very dark beer styles.

I agree, and I would also let it ramp up to about 75 degrees to finish. As much attenuation as it has done so far, you shouldn't get any off flavors by warming it up some.

Latest posts

Back