brewing sugar or regular sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noz03

Reaction score
I have a beer and a wine kit, but I only have enough brewing sugar for one of them. Which do you think is more important to use it on? For the other one I will use regular white table sugar. also, realistically... how much difference does it actually make? It says on both kits that it is fine to use regular sugar, so I know it is fine, but wondering is there any difference at all apart from brewing sugar dissolves faster.

Btw reason I only have 1 bag of brew sugar is because i cant buy it in my country, this one i brought back from the UK with me.

The dextrose (corn sugar,brewing sugar) dissolves easier & some think works a little better than table sugar. But both work well,so I'd use the table sugar in the wine.:mug:

I have made a fair number of batches with both. I think the difference is subtle but in beer I would use the dextrose. I don't know what type of wine you are making but if its a dry wine then table sugar would be fine to use, better in fact than dextrose.

Back