Brewing Right Now....To Boil or Not to Boil???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JungMin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am brewing a Morgan's Wheat beer right now....The water is heating up. It says to add the add the kit can and malt to water not over 75 degrees Celsius. I've made Morgan's before and thats what I did, no problems.

BUT, this time i bought some dried orange peels and coriander to add to the mix. For this I need to boil it for 5 minutes or so, right??

So, is it OK to boil the kit even though the direction say not to???

Thanks!!!!!

Cheers for the help!!!

5 minutes or so sound ok?? Or 10??

I dunno, BM, those kits are pre-boiled and boiling them again may drive off some volatile oils from his late hop additions. Personally, I'd boil the spices in another container and add it to the no-boil kit.

I dunno, BM, those kits are pre-boiled and boiling them again may drive off some volatile oils from his late hop additions. Personally, I'd boil the spices in another container and add it to the no-boil kit.

Good idea.....I'll do that.

Thanks

You're right...I didn't think about them being pre-hopped kits.

Do what Fingers suggested.

Back