brewing now and added wrong hops!!! Need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimmer

Reaction score
I am currently making the AHS cream ale and I screwed up and need some advice! I was suppose to put 1 oz Willamette hops (4.7 alpha)in at 60 minutes and 1 oz fuggle hops (4.2 alpha)in the last five minutes. However I just put in the fuggle hops at 60 minutes! Should I just add the Willamette hops the last five minutes? or should I put them in a little earlier based on the alpha acids? Will this effect the beer that much?

Add a little less Willamette hops the last five minutes? Or should I add a pinch of Willamette hops 30 minutes into the boil since Fuggle has less Alpha acid? Then add the rest, let's say 90% the last five minutes.

With a .5 AA difference, there's no way you're going to notice the difference. Just swap hops in the recipe and proceed as usual. They also have a pretty similar flavor, so I don't think you've ruined anything, or even changed too much. Relax, and all that stuff.

The girlfriend and I tried to brew a double barrel ale clone. I got a little drunk and completely reversed the hop schedule.

Came out better then the double barrel ale in my opinion. Keg was gone in a week.

Back