Brewing Music?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually something along the lines of Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Disturbed etc. But I have been known to listen to Jack Johnson and Donovan Frankenreiter on particularly beachy summer days

Mozart, Beethoven, Acid Bath, Johnny Cash, ANWL, Beastie Boys, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Hank III, The Forgotten, Chaos UK, Leonard Cohen, Poison Idea, Motorhead, Pro-Pain, Derrick Morgan... all depends on my mood.

Nothing. I listen to music while cleaning up instead. Anything from Slipknot, Type O Negative, my own music (I'm a musician), NIN, some classical or one off songs, etc. I listen to a lot of slow stuff too, but typically after a smooth brew day and feeling good (but having to clean) I prefer more energetic material.

Rev.

All depends but most likely Stevie ray vaughan, Roky erickson,Freddie king,Albert king,Iron maiden,Pentagram..many more..i dont have "brew music" just what ever i normally listen too.

Gonna show my age here (so what else is new)....bluegrass, Waylon and Willie, classic country

Hey, there aint nothing wrong with a little Willie and maybe some Alan Jackson

I want to put Willie Nelson's head in a vise and, starting at the tail bone, smash his back bone with a hammer all the way up to his skull. then tighten the vise until his eyes pop out. Alan Jackson I just might have to hurt first.

hahaha! pretty much. I like Waylon Jennings, Hank Sr., Hank III, Hank Snow George Jones, Wayne Hancock... but Willie just ticks me off for some reason. Hank Williams Jr. is almost as bad to me.

you see what you done did billy you made willy upset

Willie-Nelson_4210.jpg

Joe Bonamassa, Pink Floyd, VH, Gov't Mule, Allman Brothers, and stuff like Pat Metheny (Jazz Guitarist)

At this particular moment I'm rocking the backyard to Tool-Lateralus while starting up a pale ale.
Hope the neighbors aren't sleeping. :ban:

Nothing. I listen to music while cleaning up instead. Anything from Slipknot, Type O Negative, my own music (I'm a musician), NIN, some classical or one off songs, etc. I listen to a lot of slow stuff too, but typically after a smooth brew day and feeling good (but having to clean) I prefer more energetic material.

Rev.
Peter Steele for the win!

I usually only listen to music while brewing (and not bottling or transferring to secondary), but these are the bands I've listened to while brewing so far:

Opeth
Scar Symmetry
Bloodbath
Black Sabbath
Faith No More
Meshuggah
Lamb of God

Today I listened to Deicide during my brew session. I have been on a serious brutal death metal kick lately. Sometimes I reel it in a bit and go with good ol Slayer.

I decided (since my wife doesn't exactly love metal the way I do) to actually have a Netflix marathon of House on in the background during today's brew

I mostly listen to metal, but recently I have only been listening to The Sword or Mastodon while brewing, which are kind of light metal....

Last brew day was 5 hours of The Wiggles. Usually it is Clutch, The Doors, Queen, Foo Fighters, Alice Cooper, and a smattering of other rock/metal bands.

Snapcase, Face to Face, H20, Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphy's, Billy Talent and Lindsay Sterling. Because she's sexy that's why.

Pretty much the same. Minus the Lindsey Sterling. Streetlight manifesto is an amazing and under underappreciated band. Check them out

Sometimes local rock radio, but usually either Darby O'Gill and Blaggards pandora, or Flatt & Scruggs pandora stations.

Lot of metal, but where's the love for jam bands??

Umphrey's McGee, String Cheese Incident are two of my go-to for brewing. Long jams are easy to get lost in and it helps with the work flow.

Every time I dough in:

Ghost Riders in the Sky - Johnny Cash

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pink floyd.....last weeks brewday was Dark Side and Animals. Also love to listen to Meddle....especially Echoes. Also crank some Judas Priest and Iron Maiden from time to time.

Usually something soulful. Sam Cooke, D'Angelo, Jill Scott, St Paul& The Broken Bones, Etta James, Erykah Badu.

If I'm bottling I usually listen to jazz or ambient. Vijay Iyer, Shlohmo, Flying Lotus, Shigeto...

Latest posts

Back