Brewing Music?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put on pandora and will usually listen to whatever station I had playing last time I was using pandora last nights brew sesh consisted of my ska-p station.

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Best Pandora station hands down (for work) is "Take Me Home Tonight" radio. I cant tell you how many people come around the corner and ask what station I have going.

As for brewing though, some days its Deftones/FFDP/Slipknot to something classical like Chopin or Mozart... Kind of depends on the day and how many beers in I am.

Try streaming KCRW Eclectic 24. The DJs string together great playlists and I always discover some music that I never heard before.

Eagles channel on Pandora. Excellent Classic Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Recently:
During our Nothing 'but Vienna Lager, we had music from Guitarist/session musician Carl Verheyen, other times it's been Frank Marino, and other guitar oriented music like Jimmy Herring, Allman Brothers, Carlos Santana, John McLaughlin, Pat Metheny, or Classical Guitarist Jason Vieaux.

As others have said, it depends on my mood. But the common ones are (in order of occurrence: EDM (BPM on Sirius) because it’s usually pretty chill and mindless; Dave Matthews; Sinatra; classical (Mozart/Brahms); or metal (August Burns Red, Gojira, Periphery, etc...)

edit: Almost forgot the pop punk. Knuckle Puck/Neck Deep/Stand Atlantic

Last edited:
My go-to is generally streaming NPR over my smart speakers. If I want to listen to music instead, it'll be bands like Hippo Campus, The 1975, Arkells, etc.

I listen to everything from what they now call classic rock to country and if my daughter is up and about K-pop. But hey a little Sinatra and the rat pack on a dreary Saturday brew day can get me happy.

This is a silly question as everyone will just to listen to what they like while brewing, but it's all late 80s-early 2000s hip-hop for me.

Usually something soulful. Sam Cooke, D'Angelo, Jill Scott, St Paul& The Broken Bones, Etta James, Erykah Badu.

If I'm bottling I usually listen to jazz or ambient. Vijay Iyer, Shlohmo, Flying Lotus, Shigeto...
What does everyone listen to while they brew? I have a wide variety from Sinatra to Slayer.
Df
you've never heard Creed? Willie Nelson? Blink 182? Willie Nelson? New Kids on the Block? Willie Nelson?

There is only one answer to this question!!! Tom petty. Side note I may be a little biased because every beer I have made is named after a petty song. Lol.
Petty Topper (heady)
Into the great RYED open
A rebel without a brew
Call out the instigator because there’s pumpkin in the ale(long I know)
I’ll be the boy in the coconut pants
It’s good to be king (bud clone)
Ect.....

Warcry. Spanish heavy metal at its best. El guardian de Troya - the story of the Trojan war set to Spanish heavy metal. After that, Alexander the Great by Iron Maiden, followed by more Warcry.

Back