Brewing in Tallahassee,FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georules

Reaction score
Heya, just checking in. Found this site looking for information about infected brews. These forums have already helped me out a lot, thanks!

I just started my first brew with a Cooper's homebrew kit. The yeast seem to be starting to eat -- started getting bubbles about 1 hour after pitching.

If all goes well for my first shot, I plan on making my own wort for the second. Any general tips about this?

I guess "extract brewing" would be best.... That usually refers to using either DME or LME (and maybe a small amount of grain steeping) and adding your own hops for the typical 60 minute boil. It is a good next step for you, then you're on your way to partial mash....

Welcome - I'm in Valdosta. Have you been to the Homebrew Den in Tallahassee? Its a pretty good shop and the guys are knowledgeable - just usually busy...

I've seen it, but never been. Will probably make a visit in a few weeks after this first batch finishes so I can start something new. My second I want to try to make a stout, usually my favorite next to wheat.

The bubbles coming out of my airlock are starting to smell like beer (very sweet of course). Woop!

Georules said:
Heya, just checking in. Found this site looking for information about infected brews. These forums have already helped me out a lot, thanks!

I just started my first brew with a Cooper's homebrew kit. The yeast seem to be starting to eat -- started getting bubbles about 1 hour after pitching.

If all goes well for my first shot, I plan on making my own wort for the second. Any general tips about this?

Welcome Aboard! Hows the Weather down there in your beautiful state? Coopers is cool for your first but I suggest jumping right into a full extract batch where you can do a 1 hour boil and add your own hops it is a lot more fun.

Back